Author Topic: Great place to stop in Eugene-Creative Clock Shop  (Read 4496 times)

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Great place to stop in Eugene-Creative Clock Shop
« on: August 15, 2013, 03:46:22 AM »

I don't know if you are into clocks or not, but you might visit the Creative Clock Shop on Conger in Eugene.  He has basically a clock museum and a model car museum that are most interesting.  Of the most interest to me was a water clock from 1650 AD and his 1/4 scale model Model  A.  I think you would enjoy an hour or so there.

Roy Warren
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:44:43 PM by 5 »
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Edward Buker

Re: Great place to stop in Eugene-Creative Clock Shop
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 06:30:14 AM »
Roy,

Thanks for the input. We will probably have time to give that a try. I choose to think that was a beer clock....

Later Ed

Edward Buker

Re: Great place to stop in Eugene-Creative Clock Shop
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 04:10:12 PM »
Roy,

We did go to the Creative Clock Shop that you recommended. The folks there are literally the best. Four family members are working in the shop, several generations. This shop is really a collection of many type unique articles from clocks of all kinds, phones, to cameras, to toys, kerosene lamps, musical instruments, the list goes on. What is unique about this collection is that the owner has an intimate knowledge of each article and his wife who spent considerable time with us shared a lot about the workings and period of many items. The displays are always changing so unfortunately the 1/4 scale cars are in another museum back east now but many interesting things have replaced them.

The owner was one of six kids whose parents were missionaries on an Apache reservation. They cobbled together two buses and lived in them. If you wanted something, they took what others threw away, fixed it and made it work again. (much like Beaver owners at times :-) )That was really the roots of this business. Collectively they can fix about anything and do. I didn't mean to steal the thread but I thought I would put a good word in here so that Beaver folks do not miss this gem if near Eugene OR. We thoroughly enjoyed this experience.....this is one of those places that we are likely to skip in our travels because we just are unaware of the story behind it and just how good a place to visit that it really is.

http://creativeclock.com/Page/Page-1-Main.htm

Later Ed