General Boards > Technical Support

CAT C9 RECALL

(1/2) > >>

LEAH DRAPER:
I understand from a news letter from the Good Sam Club that there is a recall regarding a potential fire hazard involving the C9 engine's fuel pump.  I have yet to be notified by BEAVER/MONACO or CAT.  I called Monaco to verify this and was told this was true and to contact CAT. When I contacted the Phoenix CAT dealer they also verified that this was the case for certain serial #'d engines.  They however have to inspect the the fuel pump to determine if the fuel pump plug has to replaced and order it.

I was also told that there were two (2) engine software upgrades that need to be done!

It really dismays me that we (me) are seemingly NOT being notified of these types of issues by BEAVER/MONACO.

Can anyone shed "light" on these issues?

Leah

Tom Rogers:
This is news to me and I was just at the cat dealership here in Eugene, or. They did go ahead and perform a software update ... said nothing about a recall. Do you have any recent information???

LEAH DRAPER:
No new information other than it has to due with a fuel pump "plug" that has to be inspected to determine if it is "good" or possibly bad.  Had appointment to have it checked out but had to cancel due to my getting sick.  

Larry Kuzma:
JUST HAD MY CONTESSA IN FOR THE RECALL AT MY LOCAL CAT DEALER.  PICKED IT UP LAST SATURDAY MORNING AND GOT MY RECALL NOTICE IN THE MAIL THAT AFTERNOON FROM CAT.  PLACES CAPABLE OF THE REPAIR HAVE A LIST OF THE ENGINE IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS THAT NEED THE FUEL PUMP PLUGS REPLACED, OR YOU CAN CALL CAT DIRECT AND THEY CAN TELL YOU IF YOUR ID NUMBER IS ON THE RECALL LIST.   THEY ALSO DID A SOFTWARE UPDATE WHILE IN THE SHOP.

LEAH DRAPER:
Can you elaborate on what the software updates do? i.e., So they increase HP, Torque, improve MPG?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version