Author Topic: Window screens  (Read 3734 times)

Joe Lenhart

Window screens
« on: October 12, 2013, 03:10:55 AM »
I would like to take my window screens out so I can clean them as well as the full window.  The dumb question of the day is: How do I get the window screens out.  I don't want to bend the frame.  I thought they just might just lift out but that is not the case.  I cannot find any info in any of the manuals that came with the unit.  I have a 91 Beaver Contessa.

Joe

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Window screens
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 03:47:17 AM »
Most configurations are such that if you slide fully open the window and then slide the screen an inch open, you can grasp the left and right vertical (stanchions), lift up firmly, and then pull toward you at the bottom until the bottom horizontal frame member clears the channel, the screen easily is removed.  

Replace it by inserting the top horizontal, press up firmly, and push the bottom frame member in and down in its channel.

The two spring tensioners are in the top horizontal, so lifting upward is the required pressure.

Small slideout windows on the other hand have one set of spring fingers along one side, requiring pressure in that direction to release the opposite stanchion from its track.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat