Author Topic: Load shedding  (Read 364 times)

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Load shedding
« on: May 01, 2024, 09:01:51 PM »
Load shedding anyone know if our coach has load shedding? Is there a module somewhere? Typing on my phone so gotta keep this short
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Load shedding
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 11:50:51 PM »
Is that when the coach's engine gets too hot pulling a hill so you start pitching boxes out the windows?

I believe our coaches' generators have a mechanism for "load building" though.  Start the generator, then go start all the AC/HPs at once.  Our AC/HPs seem to be on a delay-timing device such that they will start themselves in a gapped sequence.

As far as load shedding, vis-a-vis, the generator, I turn off the AC/HPs manually as fast as I can walk between the thermostats. As far as load shedding goes, our generator is a 12.5KW Onan QD and can run everything electrical on/in the coach concurrently.  It doesn't need to shed any loading.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 12:15:19 AM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Load shedding
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 12:26:06 PM »
Bill
To my knowledge Beaver never used a load shedding device on there shore power management I may be wrong on this but of all the wiring diagrams I've looked through I've yet to find one .
Winnebago and a couple other manufacturers have used load shedding in the past ,most of these systems where made by intellitech and would have a display panel like the one showed in the link below.
The user could preset an amp limit and the system would keep the load balanced below that set limit by turning power off  preselected  loads like a/c units or clothes dryer to keep the amp draw at the shore cord below the preset threshold.
Intellitech also marketed a unit that would control two A/C units shedding power back and forth to allow both A/C units run run on a 30 amp shore pedestal.

https://www.google.com/search?q=intelatec+load+shedding&oq=intelatec+load+shedding+&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIJCAEQIRgKGKABMgkIAhAhGAoYoAEyCQgDECEYChigATIJCAQQIRgKGKAB0gEJMTY3MjZqMGo4qAIUsAIB&client=tablet-android-walmart-terr1-rso1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#vhid=ZdWt2YhlvdX8vM&vssid=l&ip=1

Hope this helps
Eric
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 01:15:38 PM by Eric Maclean »
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.
The following users thanked this post: Bill Lampkin