Author Topic: Allied Insurance  (Read 6595 times)

Linda Garcia

Allied Insurance
« on: August 09, 2014, 04:58:39 PM »
Need to renew our motorhome insurance and am looking at Allied (Nationwide).  Has anyone had experience with them?  We currently have Blue Sky but the rates increased $800 for no reason.  Agent said the company suffered a lot of losses.
Appreciate any input you may have.

Roy C Tyler

Re: Allied Insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:27:46 PM »
I just renewed my insurance two weeks ago.  I had Allied through Overland, a sponsor of BAC.  The rates were up this year substantially and I switched to Hartford/AARP for a huge savings.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 06:07:36 PM »
Linda,
My suggestion for you would be to call Ron Jarvie at Overland Insurance (800-677-4027). Since he is an independent agent, he can and will find you the best carrier at the best rates for your needs. If you identify yourself as a BAC member, the club will even get a referral fee, but it will not change your cost. I have my coach insured through Overland and he had the best rates that I could find.

Gerald  

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 06:10:52 PM »
I just switched to Hartford/AARP last week after receiving a renewal notice from GMAC/Good Sam.  My limits are higher and I added an auto, and still the annual rate is far less than the several insurance companies I queried.  Now I need to take that AARP defensive driving course online (six hours), and plug in those TruLane devices for six months to drive the annual rate down by another 10% to 20%.  I am not sure about that TruLane program, but the documentation says it will not cause a rate increase... at worst no rate decrease will be given.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 06:53:13 PM »
We switched from GMAC 2 years ago, due to a rate increase from one not uncommon or substantial claim, but mostly also due to their absolutely atrocious customer service.  Plus, our venerable service advisor at BCS scowled when told who our RV insurance carrier was - that alone spoke volumes.   After some thorough research we went with Allied from Ron at Overland, even though it costs us more overall than GMAC because Allied doesn't offer liability suspension during storage, which our rig spends most of its time in, unfortunately.  My wife used to have Nationwide and always had great service, and Allied seems to fit right in under their auspices, with few if any gripes from their insureds.

That said, I'm not beyond moving to Hartford with Roy and David if Allied ups the anty on our annual statement this fall (thanks for the forewarning, Roy).  So check Hartford out Linda, but be sure you call Ron Jarvie - as an independent, he can offer a lot of options.  I spoke with several agencies and Ron was not only the most personable and enjoyable to converse with, but he also beat the others out on prices for essentially the same policies.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 07:11:32 PM »
Linda,
I also have Allied through Ron Jarvie at Overland. They were good on a glass claim for me; replaced side driver's window due to etching between the panes, Rates have been stable and lowest I could find. Also they give you a good deal on Coach Net coverage for both RV and autos. Saved me a significant amount compared to AAA Premium RV and coverages are about the same.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 03:37:10 AM »
What is it with these insurance companies. I had National Interstate for 3 years and every year they raised our rate a little but not astronomical. This year they decided to raise our rate from 1600.00 to 2700.00 dollars a year. I have never had a single claim except for a windshield replacement our first year. When I called to find out how they can justify a huge rate increase for the same coverage with no claims their response was they had a rate adjustment. Seriously? That's their answer? What a racket!! I switched to progressive for considerable less. Now I'll stay with them until they have a " rate adjustment".
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Linda Garcia

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 07:30:41 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input!
I'll give Ron a call on Monday and compare his rates with the others I have.