Author Topic: Seats  (Read 3718 times)

Steve Brown

Seats
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:07:42 PM »
On my 2004 40ft Patriot Thunder I have no electrical to either seat.  When I first lost power and tried to move the seat there was a beeping noise under the passenger seat, now there is nothing.  I don't know of any fuse.

Steve

Gerald Farris

Re: Seats
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 08:49:35 PM »
Steve,
Your power seats should be powered by an automatic resetting circuit breaker (CB#47 on my 2000 Marquis) located in the LF electrical bay. There are 2 probable causes for your problem. The first is just a failed circuit breaker. The next one is a short in the seat wiring or motor that caused the circuit breaker to over load repeatedly until it failed. The only way to determine exactly what the problem is requires a little time with a good meter to thoroughly troubleshoot the circuits.

Gerald

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 08:52:53 PM »
There should be a circuit breaker for them in the chassis electric bay outside below the driver.  Check that its connection screws are tight.

Then, both seats should share a ground line.  Check for its integrity on a ground buss in the electric bay, if you have a legend and can tell which wire it might be.  It's conceivable if either seat got turned recently and it's ground connector became dislodged even slightly, then it could disable both seats.  Check under both for loose connectors.

Failing a resolution following that, search and check a thread here from about December first that discussed a similar issue.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 02:59:13 AM »
I had a similar problem on our 2008 Contessa a couple of years ago.  I short circuited when we did a R&R of the passenger seat.  After doing everything I could, a tech came out and found it fast.  I forget if he called it a fuse or circuit breaker, but it was not a flat fuse, or resettable.  Cost at Napa was around $15.  He did temporarily replace with a flat fuse.  Hope that helps.  It was in the LF bay and I didn't find it labeled.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp