General Boards > General Discussion

History of the Beaver Brand?

<< < (2/10) > >>

220:
Mike...If my memory will take me back in time I do believe the bankruptcy was in 1993 and early '94.  It did take a long time as there were many creditors involved.  Even after the bankruptcy was settled the Beaver line was still manufactured in Bend, OR until Monaco took over and moved the facility to Coburg.  I'm sure bits and pieces will be recalled as time goes on. 
I'll tack on a little more in the time line for Beaver.  When we had our BAC lead-in rally just prior to the 1st FMCA Redmond convention Beaver also was celebrating its 25 anniversary in business.  If Iris or Wally Schmidt reads this post they'll have the year.  'til next time...

Mandy

Mike Humble:
Is this topic worth some time at the upcoming International Rally in Harrisburg?
Mike Humble

Richard And Babs Ames:

--- Quote from: Michael Kauffman ---[size=14][face=Arial]Do you remember what year the bankrupcy was?  Is my 98' Patriot off of the Safari line?  Thanks for the great info.  Mike[/face][/size]
--- End quote ---

Safari DM time, 1998 was the first year for the rear radiator and Hurricane Hydronic Heating in the Patriot.  

Gerald Farris:
Mike,
I think that there is a good bit of interest in the Beaver history. A printed time line of the history like the one Mandy has started, or a one hour or so seminar presented by some of the earlier members like Mandy and Wally would be well attended.

Gerald

LarryNCarolynShirk:
Mandy that was so interesting.  We have been around for a long time, but you gave information that we never have heard.  I was hoping you would continue the story post SMC.  I seminar is a great idea.

Larry & Carolyn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version