Author Topic: Electric Motor on Bedroom Slide  (Read 5771 times)

Bill Hurst

Electric Motor on Bedroom Slide
« on: August 22, 2015, 01:34:11 AM »
Hi fellow Beavers.  I have a 2008 Beaver Patriot Thunder. My electric motor under the bed that moves my slide has died.  I have a replacement I got from Beaver Sales in Oregon.  My problem is how do I take the old one off and the new one on.  The motor, gear & shaft are right next to the wall with no room to remove it.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks

Edward Buker

Re: Electric Motor on Bedroom Slide
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 04:19:01 PM »
Bill,

It might help if you took several photos of the motor arrangement that has failed. It may jog someone's memory who has worked on one before. There are folks on the forum that have experience that might be able to comment but do not own a 2008 Thunder so do not know the motor arrangement that is involved.

Later Ed

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 05:40:38 PM »
You Could give the guys at BCS a call they could help you
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 06:11:01 PM »
Bill,

If your motor has a round electric (magnetic) brake mechanism on the end of the shaft, made of metal with two wires going into it, try taking it off and try the slide again. Sometimes there will be dirt or surface corrosion in it that can lock the motor shaft. It can be cleaned with spray brake cleaner and the shaft rotated with a screwdriver in the slot until it is free and then reassemble. This is a bit of a long shot but those motors have been pretty reliable. You might check voltage going to the motor to be sure it is powered properly when the slide switch is pressed.

Later Ed

Bill Hurst

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 03:50:22 AM »

thanks for the reply, Jerry I think I'll give BCS a call.  They have been helpful in the past.  I had an electrician ck it. 
It is the motor.  Ed, I see your from Lillian.  We have a condo on Perdido Key.  Ever go to Pirate Cove. Were over there all the time.  Thanks for the help.

Bill

Edward Buker

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 06:20:30 AM »
Bill,

Have been there but we do Lulu's, Cobalts, or Cosmo's more than Pirate's Cove. Lots of places to eat for sure. Hope you get the slide motor fixed soon.

Later Ed