Author Topic: Magnetic Door Switches?  (Read 5248 times)

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
Magnetic Door Switches?
« on: October 28, 2015, 06:22:04 PM »
Hi, I am replacing my step from a lipperts to a Kwikee on my 2005 Monterey and have run into the normally open vs normally closed switch issue but I have 2 magnetic switches on the door. I have identified the step switch with the use of a magnet. I can't figure out what the second switch is for. Anybody have an Idea?!?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:10:48 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: Magnetic Door Switches?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 02:18:31 AM »
I went through the same thing. Ultimately, I replaced them both, but could never figure out what the second one was for.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad
The following users thanked this post: Jim Edwards

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 02:43:48 PM »
Hi, I am replacing my step form a lipperts to a Kwikee on my 2005 Monterey and have run into the Normally open vs normally closed switch issue but I have 2 magnetic switches on the door. I have identified the step switch with the use of a magnet. I can't figure out what the second switch is for. Anybody have an Idea?!?

Jim, The second switch is probably your entry well lights, enables the lights to come on when the door is opened. I went through the same thing on my PT when the tire blow out took out both switches.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 03:18:21 PM »
           Jim,

Lee is correct about the second switch in the door jamb. If you put the white switch in for the step operation, the step may work backwards. Kwikee changed their engineering around 06 and went to a normally closed switch. Also look for an additional mag switch on the step structure that signals the dash indicators that the step is out. Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 08:58:08 PM »
Yes there is another mag switch to trip on the dash light, mine is on the top front bracket and the step closes up to it. It is a little rectangular piece glued to the step and bracket.