Author Topic: No 12v Coach power Help!  (Read 4874 times)

jeffprupis

No 12v Coach power Help!
« on: June 16, 2016, 06:41:03 PM »
OK, newbe here so speak slowly. Coach works perfectly on 30/50amp shore and generator power. But not off inverter (Xantrex RS2000). New coach switch did not help. Batteries hold charge. No Monaco dealers nearby. Only Camping World dealer in area has horrid reputation. Coach currently with mobil RV Tech. Looking for ideas to suggest for him to try. Thanks for any thoughts.

Jeff P
'05 Beaver Monterey Ventura II

Edward Buker

Re: No 12v Coach power Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 07:07:24 PM »
Jeff,

There is a trouble shooting guide in here..

http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Discontinued-Products/RS2000_Sine_Wave_Inverter-Charger_Operation_Guide(975-0125-01-01_Rev-A).pdf

You have not really described what the unit is doing adequately to provide much help. In general the AC while on shore power passes through a relay in the inverter unit to a small breaker box in the bay ceiling and then to outlets. If the AC passes through the inverter then the path out of it is working properly. If when you try to run off the inverter, using battery power, and it does not work but it charges the batteries properly then the inverter portion internally is likely at fault. Check in charge mode if the inverter will provide 30 amps or more with house load and if so that will tell you fuses and the DC path
feeding the inverter is in tact. Hope this helps.

Later Ed

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 11:51:33 PM »
If the 120v equipment that runs through the inverter is operating with generator and shore power, then the breakers and wiring from the inverter are probably okay.  120v equipment that runs through the inverter includes all the 120v receptacles - TVs, oven, etc.  The 120v power for the air conditioning, for example, do get their power through the inverter.  But you're not getting only 12v from the house batteries?

I hope the inverting portion or the 12v pass-through portion of your inverter from the house batteries is not the problem.  There are likely more things to check before giving up and getting a new inverter.  Mr. Buker, being a retired electrical engineer, will be able to help more when he gets a thorough and more defined description of the symptoms.

Crap - I had three phone calls while typing this message.  I hope it makes some sense.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:56:40 PM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Roger Rempe

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 02:01:44 AM »
We had a similar incident with our 12V system on our '06. Turned out to be a blown blade fuse in the compartment located above the batteries. You may want to check there.

Roger Rempe

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 01:53:22 PM »
Jeff, I misspoke and referred to the fuse as a "blade fuse". Actually, it's called a "ANL fuse". I've attached pictures of the location and fuse image. Hope this helps.