Author Topic: 2000 beaver  (Read 8246 times)

James Murphy

2000 beaver
« on: July 13, 2010, 02:10:41 AM »
Recently purchased a 2000 beaver patriot concord, cat 330 diesal. Took for first road trip to get aquainted with all the systems. While traveling down the road red warning light came on ABS, haven't a clue. Can anybody give me some input. I am new to all this and am learning. Also electronic controls on both seats not working??? was when we checked them out prior to buying. Maybe a fuse? I am sure its something simple???? any help would be appreciated. Thanks
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:42:25 AM by 14 »

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: 2000 beaver
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 12:15:08 PM »
Hi
I dont have input to solve your problems though I suspect you are on the right track with the seats.  I would have the ABS sensors checked.  I am sure that you will have input from better sources than me shortly.
I want to encourage you to be patient with the coach and your investment.  There are things to fix on any used vehicle and once done you will be glad of your choice to buy.
There is alot to learn but its worth the trouble.  Keep the faith, it'll be ok!

Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 01:38:52 PM »
Our seats do not work unless the ignition is on. Have you tried to work the seats with the ignition on?

There was a recall about the ABS systems and the sensors. Get it checked at a reputable truck frame and axle shop.

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 03:11:49 PM »
Check the Nation Safety Recall Data base for recalls on your coach (http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm

There are 7 recalls that may affect your coach.  Somehow you need to determine if they have been done or apply to your coach.  If you can talk to the previous owner it might help.

Leah

James Murphy

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 02:53:11 AM »
Fuses checked out good, still scratching my head trying to fig why controls on seats don't work. Strange they both stopped working suddenly?? anybody have any input.

Randy Perry

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 05:33:13 AM »
I haven't pulled the Beaver out for a bit, but if you have your exhaust brake switch on, it lights up something (?) on the upper portion of the dash panel?? Bottom line is, when I forgot to turn it off, I remember seeing a light (maybe something ABS) on and thought something wasn't right until I realized I left the switch on!

Gary Timmerman

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 01:11:08 PM »
A few times on our 2001 Pat, after  turning the seats around for seating, the plugins underseat wiring become disconnected.

MDAN55

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 04:14:15 PM »
check the plug under the seat. we had to unplug and re plug in to make a good contact. we also had a abs lite on .look under the coach on the back of all the wheels and there will be a abs sensor plugged near the brakes that is burnt, mine was very easy to see partially melted. nothing to replace very easy