Author Topic: Condenser Fan not running on Air Conditioner  (Read 7124 times)

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
Condenser Fan not running on Air Conditioner
« on: July 11, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »
I have a 98 Beaver Patriot, 37'.  The air conditioning system does not deliver 12VDC to the fan. (The fan is good - in fact I have a cheat switch on it now).  I wonder if anyone has a electrical schematic that shows all the switches, relays, etc that are involved in sending power to the fan.  My system is now fully charged and cools fine; but, I want to get rid of the manual cheat switch. The 12V bay below the driver has a K2 relay labeled "condenser fan" but where does it get its signal from?  Any help will be appreciated.
Larry Fritz

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: Condenser Fan not running on Air Conditioner
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 09:36:33 PM »
On our 1997 Patriot the switch is a pressure switch that depends on freon pressure to turn on the electric fan. We do not have any diagrams.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 10:21:56 PM by 14 »

Tom and Pat Fudale

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 11:52:25 PM »
Condenser fan is controlled by a pressure switch called a trynary switch and is located on the front ofthe coach on the high pressure hose of the system. New switch can be ordered at Acme radiator.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:00:30 AM by 14 »

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 01:03:32 PM »
Larry
We also have a '98 Pat.  The dash A/C has Acme stamped on it.  I went looking and this is the story as I understand it.
Acme was a diversified company.  A/C was only part of it. The company was bought by a Sweedish (I think) outfit that seperated and closed the A/C division.  One of the older employees bought out the stock and set up business.
As of 4/2009 this was the contact info.
913-515-1560  (Richard)
sales @myacparts.com

If you need more information, I have some of the diagrams.  I cant lay my hands on them but I can look.  Let me know if you need it but I think the web site will help and they had the trinary switch with a picture so you can know what to look for on yours.  I believe yours is behind the front access panel (hood).  Just down and to the right by the black cylinder with a round viewing glass on top (the drier).

Good luck
Keith
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 03:27:00 PM by 14 »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 04:25:10 AM »
1998 Patriot 37': The problem with my condenser fan not operating on the chassis air conditioner was a faulty "trinary" switch. Had to substitute a different trinary switch since my original (Ranco SP3-H2060 000 has been discontinued. Never could find the true specs on the original switch so a generic was used to replace it.
The good news is that it was the female thread type that connect to a Schrader valve; therefore, the freon did not need to be removed.

Larry Fritz

Thanks to several of you who responded and offered your comments. Definitely appreciated.
Larry Fritz