Author Topic: Sink covers  (Read 5698 times)

john brunson

Sink covers
« on: November 20, 2016, 01:03:15 AM »
Need new sink covers... any clue if they are still around?

Gerald Farris

Re: Sink covers
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 01:54:25 AM »
John,
The sink covers were custom made at the factory. You may check with BCS (Beaver Coach Sales) to see if they have a source for reproduction covers or Northwest RV Supply in Eugene Oregon my even have some old stock, but I doubt it. If those two sources do not work, you next option is to start calling salvage yards. However, if you take the exact dimensions to a solid surface counter fabricator he can probably make you one without the Beaver logo but the color will probably not be an exact match.

Gerald   

Doug Allman

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 04:46:56 PM »
We had new corian countertops made and installed and when at the fabricator I was amazed to see that they still had the corian that exactly matched what was in our 2004 Marquis.
Find a local shop that fabricates countertops and there may be a good possiblilty that if it is corian the old style and color is still available. Corian is now coming out with some new designs but we were told all the old colors are still available. We took old tops to them for creating template to build new and stock they had looked exactly like the old tops we had. I was amazed it matched so well.

If you cannot find a shop I have one here that will do whatever you want. Template out of cardboard would be all that is needed. Be glad to help out on this. 231-218-1119   douglasallman@gmail.com

Our 2 burner gas cooking unit is recessed down in to the countertop as I think most Beavers are. These recessed corian units for the burners are not run of the mill items and must have been special made for or by Beaver. We wanted it exactly as was so I had to take the countertop and cut out around this unit leaving some of the countertop attached to the sunken unit. Then I took it to a cabinet shop and they used their large belt sander to sand the old countertop off the sunken unit, leaving the unit the same depth dimensions so covers would fit. With that completed then the corian fabricator reattached to the new countertop material which they do with some type of chemical glue process. They then made covers for the burners. Wallah, wife is Happy I did not screw up her work area.

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 04:05:24 AM »
John when I purchased my new to me 2005 Monterey it did not have the two sink covers. After considerable searching and being advised that the colour I was seeking was obsolete I decided to fabricate my own out of white polyethylene cutting boards. Using a cardboard template I jigsawed the shape, drilled thumb holes and filed and sanded the edges smooth.
The cutting board of adequate size for the smaller sink is readily available at Costco or Sam's Club. The cutting board for the larger sink I ordered from a commercial restaurant supplier. I think the finished product looks quite acceptable, is a little more versatile than Corian material and being much lighter is easier to handle and store. The cutting boards are inexpensive facilitating easy replacement should they get cut from use as a built in cutting board and or stained.
The cutting boards I found are NSF approved food contact material.
I can forward a photo if you'd like to view the result...

Bob
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9