Author Topic: Bay Lights Not Working  (Read 10055 times)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Bay Lights Not Working
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 11:31:15 PM »
Larry's on to something there, Bart.  Since I asked him and another '03 Monty owner, and all 3 of you confirm there is no switch like other models have, the symptoms point at a break in the common wire between the fuse and the dump valve. 

I'd expect 12v wiring to use one of those little blue clamp splice devices, which wouldn't cut the main feed but often provide a susceptible and fragile connection to the added device.  But if a wire nut was used instead, the main would've been cut and has vibrated loose, or corroded through with too much current resistance.

Good prognosis, Larry.

-Joel
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 11:33:12 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bart Mix

Re: Bay Lights Not Working
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 04:00:01 PM »
Larry - that makes sense. I had originally found a blown 20 amp fuse in 12v circuit #8 (Bay Lighting) & replaced it & that didn't correct either issue, but it hasn't blown again yet. So, a loose or broken connection somewhere could be the problem? I have previously tried to look for such a connection under the coach, but the wire from the dump valve goes up into the middle of the coach (forward of center) in what appears to be a factory install & disappears behind spray foam insulation. The insulation looks original & undisturbed. I do not see a separate 12v fuse listing for a fresh water power dump valve in the 12v fuse panel located in the bedroom where the bay wiring is fused? Just trying to figure out where the tech could have tied in the dump valve to the bay lighting power? Since the dump valve wiring goes up into the middle of the coach - nowhere near bay lights - it is a mystery to me where a tech could have "easily" accessed to tie them together somewhere? I may just have to wire a temporary 12v circuit directly to the dump so I can winterize for a month & later do a water change to please the DW? Bay lighting is not essential as long as I have a flashlight at night. I appreciate your response to my dilemma! Thanks!
Bart from VA