Author Topic: Satelite Dish King-Dome  (Read 6353 times)

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
Satelite Dish King-Dome
« on: January 23, 2017, 06:51:26 PM »
Thanks for the Forum:  I have a 2006 Marquis. Had the original dish replace approx 4 years ago due to limb damage. This dish stoped working (has a burnt spot one one of the boards) Has anyone replaced their dish lately..  Understand this model has been discontinued (9704LP) Would like to know a replacement brand.
Thanks for all the help the Forum provides.

Bobby Kirk
2006 Marquis

Mike Groves

Re: Satelite Dish King-Dome
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 07:26:34 PM »
Bobby,

That was the model of mine.  My study of the internet demonstrated to me that mine no longer functioned properly (on DISH) because of DISH programming that no longer was compatible with identifying of the satellite (the communications between the DISH receiver and the King Dome box).  This explanation made sense as my dish suddenly decided it couldn't find the satellites.

I believed what I read and decided that I'd bite the bullet, get a "real" dish and get rid of DISH and get DIRECTV.  I purchased the Winegard Travel'er for DIRECTV for under $1,500 and a local guy installed it for $200 and I connected it to the new DIRECTV receivers I got from Winegard.  So, total price was about $1700 for that.

Probably too much information but I wanted to explain what another owner, me, did when suddenly my dish no longer functioned.  As far as I know DIRECTV standard definition still works on that specific model so that's my guess as to what you're using.

Mike
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 04:36:15 AM »
Bobby,
I had BCS install a Winegard dish on our Contessa when I purchased the coach and have been very pleased with it. https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-SK-SWM3-Slimline-Automatic-Multi-Satellite/dp/B00AXXEL5Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1485232202&sr=8-6&keywords=winegard+dish+satellite+antenna
It provides an HD signal which our older Trac Vision couldn't supply.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Dennis Belfils

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 12:07:00 PM »
Bobby
We also replaced our King Dome In -Motion, that would not lock on. While in Salem OR a local company installed a Winegard Traveler & Dish Network for $1200.00. Works great.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 03:53:51 PM »
Bobby,
If you want HD (high definition) programing, the only practical choice is to install a Winegard Traveler (least expensive) or a RF Mogul open dish and forget about an in-motion dish. The open dishes receive multiple satellite signals at one time and have a minimal problem with rain fade as opposed to the one satellite at a time and bad rain fade problems that exist with a dome.

Gerald   

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 02:19:38 AM »
Got tired of the crappy KingDome in motion, the fog in Morro Bay would block it, rain in Tx, I installed a Winegard 1000 set up for Dish, and now using the Dish Hopper with the wireless receivers one in the bedroom and one for outside. Way to easy, no wires.