Author Topic: Hydro-Hot HHE-500-04E Making Warm Water Only  (Read 2998 times)

Mick Gagetta

Hydro-Hot HHE-500-04E Making Warm Water Only
« on: July 01, 2017, 02:38:56 AM »
I just purchased 2001 Patriot Thunder 425 40' 21,000 miles. My wife and I were returning home to Northern Ca. after our purchase in Galveston TX and stopped overnight in Amarillo TX no problems with hot water. We stopped the following night and the nights after we have experience warm water only out of the faucets.
I switched on the diesel switch and electric switch, blower motor starts and after a moment the burner fires, approximately 2 mins into burner startup the blower motor sounds like it may have a small load applied to it. At 3 mins the burner shuts down and blower continues to run for 1 addition min.
The lights at the display panel that are on when the Hydro-Hot first started are as followed
Hydro-Hot Heating Status
Electric Heat Status
Low Temp Cut Off Status
Diesel Burner Status
After the burner shut down the Hydro-Hot heating status light go out. All other light remain on. This is my first post and I am new member thank you for your assistance     

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Re: Hydro-Hot HHE-500-04E Making Warm Water Only
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 04:22:02 AM »
Make sure that you haven't turned on the outside shower faucets and left them on. With the off button on the faucet closed and the faucets left on you will get just warm water.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Bryan Schmidt

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 06:14:49 AM »
Mick

Welcome to the forum..

To get you started diagnosing the Hydrohot issue, were you provided any of the unit's manuals, such as the Owners, Parts, Shop, and/or Installation?

Do you have any info or repair/maintenance records as to when the last time the Hydrohot was serviced, such as the recommended yearly maintain of new injector nozzle, new fuel filter, combustion chamber clean out & inspection?

You can find HH manuals here on the BAC site or at the manufacturer's website:
http://www.aquahot.com/Library.aspx

I think the shop manual has the more detailed trouble shooting section..

Also, when you say the HH control panel has lights illuminated on it, are they all green or red or a combination?

If the Low Temp Cutoff Light stays lit after the unit runs and then shuts down, it implies that the HH is up to temp and domestic hot water (faucet) is not being used.  The HH unit is ready to also supply interior heat.

Do any of the interior heat zones work when you set the wall thermostat to a higher than room ambient temp?  Try the furnace and turn up 1 or both of the wall thermostats so they call for interior heat.    Also, When one of the wall therms calls for interior heat, what control panel lights change?   If interior heat also fails, then the issue is not with the domestic hot water part of the HH only.  If interior heat works good, then the issue might be with the domestic hot water tempering valve.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:06:23 PM by Bryan Schmidt »
2005 Montrery 36' Ventura IV
Cat C9
Towing a Pathfinder
Navigated by 2 cats

Mick Gagetta

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 09:56:46 PM »
Bryan Thank you for your feed back!
LaMonte your are the man! I left the outside shower on the first night we used the MH and never thought about it again. If I get the chance to meet you in person I have a Mr. Fix-it Award for you!
 Thank all who work behind the forum to make this all possible cheers!

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 12:26:24 AM »
Thanks Mike.......glad it helped......I had heard it on this forum before and was passing it on....I'm still not too knowledgeable about our 2001 Contessa but a lot better now tthan when we first bought it 5 years ago!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl