Author Topic: Leveler Hydraulics Affecting Main Slide?  (Read 5949 times)

Gerald Farris

Re: Leveler Hydraulics Affecting Main Slide?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 04:50:59 AM »
D.,
Standard hydraulic fluid is not the same viscosity as Dexron III. You will be OK to just fill the reservoir with Dexron III now. However, do not forget to correct the leak that started this whole issue.

Gerald

D. Wendal Attig

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 10:39:59 PM »
Quick Update:
Dextron III is in, pump works fine, slide alignment was a bit squirley because no doubt the lines still  have some air, but went all the way out, and wife is happy. (We had enough extra room and incentive to put up the Christmas tree and the electric trolley that runs repeatedly back and forth across the dash.)

Next I need to disconnect and cap off the lines serving the jacks, at the jacks. My plan at that point is to remove the jacks, or at least secure them in a retracted position so they don't interfere with the suspension. Will do that before the next leg of our full-time journey.

Any idea on which cap fittings and size this will require?

Thanks guys for all the help!!!!! :)

Gerald, I did find another solenoid/valve. It was mounted to the rear side of the plastic battery tray enclosure. It had two hoses connected and 12 volt power.  This might be the one for the main slide. I traced the hoses back to the vicinity of the main pump above the reservoir which was about three feet away. Hope this helps.

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 11:17:48 PM »
The fittings is are: 304 1/4" JIC (7/16"-20 thread 37 degree flair #4).
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida