Author Topic: Recalibrating IDS or HWH  (Read 2807 times)

Michael Turnipseed

Recalibrating IDS or HWH
« on: March 08, 2019, 04:33:17 AM »
I have a dual system HWH and IDS the coach will auto level in either system , unfortunately I isn’t level usually the front is low. Neither system levels the same
Any thoughts,
I don’t have any material for recalibrating
Thanks

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Recalibrating IDS or HWH
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 05:13:14 AM »
Michael,
There is an HWH manual in Coach Assist that has a good troubleshooting section. The problem with both units is probably that the level sensing unit(s) are out of adjustment and telling the systems a level has been attained because it (they) are level, when the coach is not.
I think the sensing unit is located behind the dash and accessible by removing the top dash panel behind the instrument panel. There are adjustment screws to re-level the unit. Follow the instructions in the HWH manual. BE SURE the coach is level (use manual levels inside the coach) before starting the adjustment. Once the HWH system is corrected, check the IDS system as they may share the same sensor. If not, I seem to remember that the IDS sensor was located in the panel to the left of the driver, but don't  hold me to it. In any case the procedure will be very similar: get the sensor level and see it that fixes the problem.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Michael Turnipseed

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 06:28:21 PM »
Thanks Steve ,
Found my way to coach assist and have the info I’ll see if I can locate the control box
Michael

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 06:42:31 PM »
On our '05 Patriot Thunder, the HWH control box is in the front run bay, along with the RVA leveling sensor. Both on the ceiling of the FRB.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 07:42:15 PM »
Do all the "out of level" lights on the HWH go out - indicating that HWH thinks you're level?
The other possibility is that the system is not able to level because of an airbag or air leveling solenoid/valve issue. In that case the "Excessive Slope" light on the panel will come on.

Michael Turnipseed

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 01:52:54 AM »
Hi all thanks for your input. I’ll try to ansrwer some of the inquiries and describe more on the issue.
When I park going thru all normal set up :
On air after slides are out panel goes thru leveling program,shows level on HWH, but coach is not level.
When I shut the air panel down and use the IDS level in the auto mode it shows level but coach is not level.
On my particular coach I have an inter grated HWH / IDS .that each system works independently but seems to use some of the same logic.
I found the level sensor under the front console drawer. Need to pick up a couple more levels to level the coach and then reset sensor.
My sensor differs from the HWH in coach assist in that there are no LEDs and only 3 adjustment screws
Thanks for your help

Michael Turnipseed

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 07:22:49 PM »
Update was able to recalibrate the controller now I need to be home to fine tune it (more levels)but a lot closer.
Thanks