Author Topic: Basement Air conditioner/ SCS A/C Pc board  (Read 3115 times)

Michael Peters

Basement Air conditioner/ SCS A/C Pc board
« on: August 31, 2018, 07:11:11 PM »
Well we're back up running with cold A/c ,BUT! We're holding our breath on the control board . After soldering and jumpers its working. I have heard there is a repair shop for these boards. Does anybody know?
Thanks

Gerald Farris

Re: Basement Air conditioner/ SCS A/C Pc board
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 08:17:09 PM »
Michael,
The best repair service that I know of for SCS control boards is Flight Systems Inc. https://www.flightsystems.com/rv-generator-controls-repairs/scs-victory-climate-control-repair-service.html

You can also get a new board most of the time (because they only make new boards when they have a large enough order) at VCS (Victory Climate Systems) in Fort Worth Tx, but it is a little more expensive.

Gerald

Michael Peters

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 05:01:36 PM »
Thanks again Gerald, I found it after researching thru a/c related post. Got my old spare shipped off. They said repairs take 7-10 days.$195. if its repairable. I'm pretty sure it is. The main issue I find is the 2 prong connector for the compressors is undersized to handle load. It overheats and smokes the wiring and board. I also think its related to low voltage in parks. I'm looking at the Hughes Autoformer now, whats your opinion on those? Also I bought my compressor on Ebay for $180 delivered 2days
matsumessa 12500 btu 115v r22 rotary compressor. The company is Coldparts Inc. You can contact directly, they sell surplus and old stock. Also with all these old basement A/C needing service it sure would be nice if we had service type bulletin putting all these related threads together. Well thats my 2 cents for today.
Thanks

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 06:59:41 PM »
Mike,
You may want to consider getting a 2nd control board as the connector is a real weak spot. Losing the coach air in the middle of summer is not fun as you know.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Michael Peters

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 04:27:27 PM »
Steve,
Your right about carrying a spare board, which I have for 5yrs now. Unfortunately I didn't get my spare rebuilt after replacement 5yrs ago. After my spare gets back from Flightsystems, I will rotate out the jumper wired one thats working now. The tech at Griffen Air and Heating in Bend Oregon said he sends his boards to a local tv/electronic repair shop. I may try that on my next one.
Seems to me the biggest problem is compressor connectors on the board. These A/C are fairly simple,BUT getting a shop to service them is extremely difficult. Why I don't know.