General Boards > Sources for Suppliers, Parts and Maintenance Materials

Radiator Replacement Tank

(1/2) > >>

Steve Otterstedt:
My radiator reserve tank developed a crack and leaks fluid.  Repaired with a 2 part bonding material and all seems well for the present.
Looking for a replacement resevior for my 2003 Beaver Monterey, any suggestions?  Steve Otterstedt   georgetownsteve@msn.com

Gerald Farris:
Steve,
I think that the coolant surge tank on your coach is a made for Monaco part. I would try Beaver Coach Sales in Bend or Alliance Coach in Wildwood. If the part is available from a source other than a dealer they will be able to tell you, or sell you a new tank since they are both dealers.

Gerald

Arden Smith:
I just replaced mine this last fall, I got it from Ford (heavy duty truck parts). I am sorry I do not have the part number with me in Az.

Larry Fritz:
I replaced my plastic surge tank in a 98 Beaver, Cat 330, 3126 in Feb of 2010. Ford Truck p/n F6HZ8A080B.

Save your old one as you will need some of the fittings from it.

The Ford part numbers for this tank seem to have changed a couple of times over the years; but, the number embossed on my new tank was the same as the original.

Cost was about $150 and they had them in stock!  In fact, the Ford Truck parts guy did not even have to look up the part number so I think they sell a lot of them. (And this site in San Jose rarely sees a motorhome!)

Larry Fritz

Gerald Farris:
Arden,
The Ford coolant surge tank that you are referring to fit some Beaver coaches through 2002. The 2003 model that the original question was about uses a Monaco designed tank.

Gerald

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version