General Boards > Sources for Suppliers, Parts and Maintenance Materials

dash A/C compressor

(1/2) > >>

Tom and Pam Brown:
Can someone please share the part number or model number on a 1999 marguis, cat C12 A/C compressor.

I think in is a Sanden compresor.

Mine failed and it got hot enough to peel the tag.

Thanks.

JimCasazze:
Tom,
I've been working on mine all day.  When I got home, I saw your post, so I rode the bike back over to the storage place and looked at the # for you.  I was curious anyway and wanted to add it to my parts list.

I believe mine has been recently replaced based on it's appearance (but before I took ownership in Jan).  What we have is an ICE (International Components Engineering) 2521493  HD truck compressor.  Hope that helps.
Jim

Tom and Pam Brown:
Thanks, that looks like the animal.

Many thanks and appreciate the bike ride!

JimCasazze:
Tom, you might want to considering flushing that system before replacing the compressor.  I'm planning to do that on mine as I have some constriction in my system at the moment.  One thing.  I can't find the filter/drier of this system.  I'm in a 99 Patriot Thunder.  The condensor (and fan) is up front with the evap, trianary and charging port.  
Please let me know if you find yours....
Jim

Tom and Pam Brown:
Jim,

Mine is mounted behind the front access cover.  Remove the cover, and it is mounted with two bolts through the front of the frame header.  Approx. 10 inches down from the bottom of the front cover, a little to the right.

Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version