General Boards > Sources for Suppliers, Parts and Maintenance Materials

dash A/C compressor

<< < (2/2)

JimCasazze:
Tom,
I found it.  Guess what?  It was actually installed backwards (flow arrow pointing to the condensor).  When I removed it, the liquid line to the TXV was almost completely clogged with little disicant balls.  200lbs of nitrogen and that line is now clear.  I put in a new drier and new txv.  While apart, I blew out all lines, the evaporator and condensor and changed all the orings.  Nice cold dash air again!!! Nice to have here in SW Florida.
Jim

Tom and Pam Brown:
Well here we go again, need the part number for the dryer if anyone can see theirs.

Thanks in advance.  Got the compressor installed and opened the box for the dryer and guess what wrong part even though i gave them the old one to match.

JimCasazze:
I haven't been to the coach since your posted request, so I decided to look up on the Parker site, what it was that I installed.  This Parker VDS (see link) is what I used and is identical to what I had in there prior.  Not sure if original equipment from ACME/Beaver, but it is an excellent choice for this applications.

http://pdf.directindustry.com/pdf/parker-refrigeration-air-conditioning/filter-driers/17706-80753-_19.html

Jim

Tom and Pam Brown:
Finally!!!! got the a/c working and was a pain.  Found a hose leaking at the compressor and had it repaired by a mobile hydaulic service, vacumed, recharged and now we have cold air!

Thanks for all the help.  I have part numbers now for the compressor and dryer if anyone needs the info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version