Author Topic: Shower head  (Read 4763 times)

George Frudakis

Shower head
« on: March 14, 2019, 09:26:39 PM »
My shower head is not putting out the volume, any suggestions on what new head will do so? Water pressure through the coach is low. It seems the pump has more pressure. Also, I have a pressure valve on the hose connected to the bib, to keep the pressure under 50.  Does the 2002 marquis have an internal pressure valve and the additional one I have on the hose is useless?

Thank you, BAC members for all your help

Mike Shumack

Re: Shower head
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 09:51:38 PM »
The manual says there is a water filter located on the passenger side in front of the rear axle (I assume in the basement compartment). If water pressure is low at all fixtures, perhaps this filter is clogged.

George Frudakis

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 09:58:51 PM »
Thank you,I will check

Frank Bergamo

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 10:46:56 PM »
George, there is a water strainer located at the back of the basement compartments, behind the panel where the water pump is located. It is a fine screen filter/strainer. If you do not have a shut off valve before the pump, you will have to use a plug/cap to stop the water from running out from fresh water supply when you service the strainer, or you can service the strainer when the water tank is empty. I installed a 2-way valve before the strainer/pump to allow me to service the strainer without having to plug the line or empty the tank. It also allows me a port to winterize the water system. If strainer is clean, pump may need replacing. As far as the internal regulator, I believe there is one at the fresh water supply hook up behind the water manifold. I always install one at the water supply faucet to protect hose from high pressure. Have no experience with one behind manifold. Hope this helps. Frank.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:45:58 PM by Frank Bergamo »
Frank & Paulette Bergamo
2019-       : 2007 Marquis Topaz IV  C-15 600 HP Allison 4000
2014-2019: 2002 Marquis Emerald C-12 505 HP Allison 4000
2004-2014: 1986 Executive Diplomat 3208 250 HP Allison MT-643
Grand Junction, CO.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 11:50:21 PM »
George,
There is a pressure regulator behind the shore water connection so you shouldn't need an external one. If pressure is low throughout coach, this is probably most of your problem. We seldom, if ever, use shore water directly for the following reasons; constant and good water pressure at all spigots, quick ID of any leak as the pump will run or burp regularly, ease of shutting off water when leaving the coach. I do carry a spare pump that I repaired in case of pump issues but most RV parts outlets and Amazon carry them in any case.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 01:51:40 AM »
 Remove the head of your shower then turn the water pump on. If the water flows faster your shower head is plugged with calcium deposits. Also,check the screens in all of your faucets. They can get plugged also. Marty

Doug Allman

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 12:18:37 PM »
When we purchased our 2004 Marquis in 2012 it had been a California Coach for all its used life. Water pressure was low everywhere. We could not get the faucet screens off on any faucet, even with a pliers. The kitchen faucet was also unrepairable. Checked the screen in the bay and had some blockage but still not enough to overcome low pressure.
After winterizing and getting ready for spring trip to Florida we found leak at Aqua Hot. Short of this was we removed Aqua Hot to find the copper coil around the burner was nearly filled with calcium - looked like ceramic particles when we finally got it to blow our of lines with 150 lbs of air pressure. Thought we could fix splits in lines but ended up replacing the 150' of copper tubing.

Finally all the gold and kitchen/shower faucets in the coach had to be replaced and we had excellent pressure, cold & hot. Evidently California has very hard water and after 8 years it built up a substantial amount of calcium deposits.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 04:03:45 PM »
George,
The only water filter that originally came in a 2000 Marquis is located in the water pump compartment that is located in the RR portion of the basement and it is not your problem because it only supplies the Instant Hot water fixture at the kitchen sink and the Uline ice maker.

If you have low pressure with or without the water pump, you probably have clogged screens at the faucets, but if the city water pressure is only low, I would suspect the water pressure regulator that is built into the city water inlet or it's screen. If the water pump is lower that city water pressure I would replace the pump with a high volume 65 PSI pump with at least a 5 gallon per minute flow rate. If you replace the inlet regulator, use a 65 PSI regulator.

Gerald 

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 05:34:03 PM »
Our '05 Pt has a showerhead with a million (almost) little jets, or holes in the head. The shower had low flow when we bought the coach three years ago. I took the showerhead and soaked it in CLR overnight. Bingo, cleaned all the hard water deposits, and it flows like new now.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Doug Allman

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 04:06:23 PM »
Bill, what is CLR? We soak ours in vinegar and results are very good.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 08:52:47 PM »
CLR; Calcium, Lime, Rust, I think. It comes in a jug from the hardware store. I think its mostly an acid, but I could be wrong.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."