Author Topic: GFIC Breaker for TV in Living room  (Read 5048 times)

jeffprupis

Re: GFIC Breaker for TV in Living room
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 01:03:25 AM »
It's a 15amp. Ordered one Amazon Prime. All the others are 20amp. Hoping it's the breaker as we like our iced ABs

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 01:15:39 AM »
Mine is a 20, Jeff.  Maybe a prior owner stuck the 15 amp spare in where a 20 should be, and that's why the circuit can't handle your icemaker?

Addendum:  Oops.  My bad.  You're right, that circuit is a 15 on mine also.  The ID tags on mine are skewed;  it's position #6, not #5, and there is no spare in position 8. 

If there is an ignition relay where I think, in the icemaker outlet, it might be configured to cut the circuit (IC6 for I assume "Inverter Circuit #6" off the 6th Inverter [30 amp sub] Box breaker) downstream from that outlet (the 2 A/V and the 1 TV outlets), but not the icemaker outlet itself.  Just ruminating... always a dangerous pastime.

Joel
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 01:34:56 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Dwight Lakusta

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 03:09:21 PM »
I had a similar issue not long ago on the same circuit. At first I was going to disable it and put in a 20 amp plug with no GFI, but then thought it actually is a good idea to have a GFI for my expensive bose entertainment system and all my electronics. So I went and bought a 20 dollar GFI plug and thats it. Fixed. The GFI plugs wear out over time and sometimes won’t stay reset anymore. My GFI was located under the sink for the electronics cabinet.