Author Topic: Cesana plastic track  (Read 2840 times)

William Jordan

Cesana plastic track
« on: May 11, 2019, 04:55:49 PM »
The plastic track on the top rail is failing ( coming apart in pieces due to wear) . Assuming I can buy a replacement, how is that done ? Does the curved plastic piece just pop out and the new one in? I would hate to have to disassemble the entire shower, and I’m not sure even if I did , you could get that curved piece in that tight a space. 

Doug Allman

Re: Cesana plastic track
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 12:36:57 PM »
From Beaver Coach sales you can purchase a new plastic track, when we did it cost very close to $300.00 and that was 5 years ago. Now after getting it we made our own from a piece of HDPE material (high density plastic). The piece from BCS had a lip that caught to hold it in place. Ours did not so we used Lexel to hold in in place and it is still functioning as of today.

You can buy an entire 4'x8' sheet from Menards that is the HDPE, only it is in black instead of cream color. Cut it on a table saw and bend it to fit curve very easily. Lexel and hold in with clamps for a week or so and it is rolling again smoothly. The bottom also stays hooked when rolling or traveling.

William Jordan

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 04:44:25 PM »
Thanks, so I should be able to just pop the old track out? I like the hdp idea .. I knew anything having to do with cesana is outrageously priced since it’s out of production  but $300 for that plastic? I figured well over a hundred but that’s just crazy! I read somewhere where someone was trying to sell the glass door for close to 3 grand !
When I get back where I have access to tools I’ll tear it apart .. it’ll be nice to not have it bounce on the broken track and pop the bottom tracks out!

Bob Bulot

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 03:07:51 PM »
William:  Yes, the piece just pops out.

Doug:  Did you just duplicate the width of the original piece?  Or did you make it slightly taller than the original piece?

William Jordan

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 04:47:35 PM »
Thanks Bob  , by the way I found the track on eBay for $87.00 shipping included. @part number is 722-36 for those that might want to search for other sources. A lot different than BCS’s pricing I guess , I didn’t call them  but who knows. I ordered from eBay and will have it soon. Making my own appeals to me but traveling I have minimal tools to accurately trim a hdp panel.