Author Topic: Right Side Turn Signals Stay On  (Read 3922 times)

Lloyd Lightfoot

Right Side Turn Signals Stay On
« on: May 15, 2019, 04:48:17 PM »
Right Side Turn Signals Stay On , Engine Off. Left Side functions normal. Coach has been parked for the past few months, so this started while not in use. Hazard lights work ,although not consistently as they should. Confirmed in the power bay Right Side Turn Post TB1, #3  12+ Volts. After moving the hazard switch on and off a few times, and the Right Side stayed off about  30 Seconds ,thought it might be in the Switch. Removed the module from the steering column, unplugged connectors , lights still on. Have removed the turn signal flasher (Under the dash Pad) Lights still on. Flashes  normal when selecting Left Turn. Any Thoughts as to what is keeping this circuit energized  ?? Thank You

Paul Aronson

• BAC Member
Re: Right Side Turn Signals Stay On
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 05:17:02 PM »
I have a 2007 Patriot Thunder. The wiring for my unit makes it look like the turn signal switch and/or flasher unit could cause this to happen. Can you unplug the wirs on the turn signal switch and see what happens?
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder Winchester III
45' C-13 525 Hp
2013 Chevy Traverse

Lloyd Lightfoot

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 05:28:33 PM »
Paul,
Thanks for quick  response,  when I removed the Module from the steering column , unplugged both the turn signal and hazards .  This is  with the engine off, key out  of ignition.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 05:43:13 PM »
Google says: Replace the flasher relay (cheapest fix first)
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Lloyd Lightfoot

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 06:48:13 PM »
Thanks Bill,
If there is a separate Flasher Relay, do not know where it is. On the diagram in the power bay  relay  # K18 is Marked :Turn/Brake Lts. Relay, Have removed that from the circuit with no change. Know this is a simple Glitch , finding it is the adventure.  Turn Signals work with Key Off,  left side flashes normal, right side does not flash, just stays on.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:53:41 PM by Lloyd Lightfoot »

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 08:33:44 PM »
The flasher relay on my '05 Patriot is in the dash, in front of the steering wheel. On my Beav, there is a removable panel on top of the dash. Just pull up on the panel and the velcro lets go so you can access the flasher relay.  Check your dash area, with the turn (left?) signal flashing, maybe you can find the flasher by listening for the clicks. Mine was just a two terminal flasher relay. Very common.
525 hp C13

Lloyd Lightfoot

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 09:40:14 PM »
Have been in the hole several times , the flasher is mounted right in its bracket. Flasher is working normal, (removed from the circuit right side Lights still on) so far have not located a relay in the dash area. will trace wires from flasher and see if they lead to a relay. Thank You 

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 06:56:28 PM »
Re-read your original post. Have you tried pulling the fuse for the tail lights, to see if that turns off the turn signal? They share the same filament  in the bulb, I would think the tail light circuit would be the only other 12v feed to the bulb. Have you tried simple things: Take a #2 pencil w/ eraser and clean the bulb socket back at the tail turn bulb. when clean, apply a small amt of dielectric grease to keep 'em clean.
525 hp C13

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 07:57:35 PM »
Just found this from a post in 2017 by Jim Edwards. On his Monterey, he found several chafed wires in a bundle that runs behind a bracket in the front run bay that holds the HWH reset switch, and the gen slide switch. I hope his photo turns up as an attachment. Worth a look!
525 hp C13

Lloyd Lightfoot

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 02:16:22 PM »
Spent a couple of hours retracing some of the basics to make sure I didn't skip over. Again removed the hazard/turn signal module form the steering column, unplugged from the connectors, no change. In the power bay removed the 1 Wire marked Rt .Turn from the terminal  that had 12+ Volts , and no change. Bill really appreciate the input , know I 'm getting closer eliminating
possible causes. Will dig in again today as time permits with My chores. Thank You

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 11:07:32 PM »
From my diagrams book.  Hopefully of some help, that is if you can zoom in and make out my notations...
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat