Author Topic: 06 Patriot Thunder lighting Question  (Read 3564 times)

Robin Goffrier

06 Patriot Thunder lighting Question
« on: May 19, 2019, 05:30:26 AM »
Over the entry door, in the ceiling, there are to round white lights that shine down on the inside steps. What turns them off and on.  Mine are on and I can't find a switch to turn them off.

Thanks.

Robin G.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: 06 Patriot Thunder lighting Question
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 05:42:34 AM »
Some may have a separate rocker switch along the entryway, to the right of the passenger seat, or by the driver, but try turning the headlight switch knob;  for decades on most autos that was how courtesy lamps came on and off, and over the entryway could be considered a courtesy area.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 05:11:09 PM »
On my '06 Monterey, those two lights are controlled by a rocker switch labeled "Map Lights". The switch is in a small panel beside the entry door under the small window to the right of the passenger seat.  I also had to explore to find the switch that controlled them.

Richard
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp

Robin Goffrier

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 06:54:45 PM »
Thanks guys.  I first tried the headlight/dash lite knob and it turned on an identical set on the drivers side. So I figured there must be a switch for the passenger  lights I was just missing.  Sure eough, it was a funky little switch labeled "map light"  Thanks to you both.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 09:22:13 PM »
Glad you found it.  We haven’t used our coach for over 2 years, and some specifics I knew readily while we were using it have evaporated.  If your copilot is like mine, she refused to memorize the rocker switch arrangement on her right console, and frequently would rummage through all of them before finding the one she wanted (the power stairwell cover comes to mind).  Bending forward and viewing the panel upside down, sometimes in dimmed light and often while the rig was moving, made it too difficult for her.  One can easily see that panel from the stairwell, but not from the seat.

So it wasn’t unusual for me to find something on or off that normally shouldn’t have been.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat