Author Topic: Splendide 2100 - Replacement?  (Read 2413 times)

Jim Simonet

Splendide 2100 - Replacement?
« on: June 22, 2019, 10:53:52 PM »
Our W/D failed to drain during a wash couple days ago.  We called Splendide and they said it was the drain pump.  We managed to get the unit out, new pump ordered off Amazon, installed -- same problem  >:(

I'm sure its the original from 04 and we had a 2010ish model that we are used to...This older unit was irritating on certain things.

I am OK with just replacing - but the tape measure isn't telling a good story.  I've read that some take the "pocket" door out and others that have gone out the emergency window in the bedroom.

To even get to the bedroom looks tighter than getting to front door.  Has anyone with a 04 Patriot Thunder gone through this?  Any tips for removing that sliding door between kitchen and bathroom?

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Splendide 2100 - Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 11:46:07 PM »
Jim, We have our '05 Lex at home while we pack for a trip to the NW starting Monday. I took a look at our 2100 W/D and it measures 23" side and 22" front to back, plus door. The limiting dimension in our MH is the distance between the bath wall and the fridge door, that measures 24". Maybe our floor plans are different. As for the drainage problem, have you checked to see if the drain trap below the W/D is clear? With the W/D removed, it would be easy to run a snake thru the trap into the grey tank. 
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 02:20:34 AM »
A number of things could be involved, including an electrical connector issue.  I once read sumthin’ about checking a place at the bottom of the machine and sure enough I shoulda been doing that annually at least.  There were several dollars worth of coins in the prepump chamber behind the bottom panel and tricky to fish out.  And like Bill says, verify your after-machine drain system is clear;  after two years of non-use, I was confounded the other day to find two of our rig’s sink drains plugged somehow.  A toilet plunger cleared them. 

There are several related videos on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/_PTfJzCAvos

http://www.splendide.com/WD2100XC_IOM3.pdf      Pgs. 21-22

On our Monterey, by popping off the 4 wooden screw-covers I can remove the two 3/8”X3” wood strips on the ceiling that hide the pocket door slide/hanger devices, and can adjust or remove the door.  But your Patriot may be configured differently.  On ours, the two pocket doors in the hall aren’t in the way.  BCS just took the machine in thru the entry door when we wanted one on our new coach in ‘06.

Joel
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:33:02 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 06:09:58 PM »
 Just a side note. I had to replace my washer too and I found one at Colaw RV salvage in Missouri. It is a 2017 model that was rebuilt with a six month warranty. Bought it last year for $500 and so far, so good.
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

Jim Simonet

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 10:16:05 PM »
Thanks everyone...Going to call in tomorrow to see if they can suggest something else, but if not I guess I'll work on removing the bathroom/kitchen door...

On the bright side - guess I'll have a couple of extra drain pumps...

I found this - https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/rvs/d/honey-grove-splendide-wd2100xc/6897015849.html

I just don't know - that seems like I could end up getting screwed - the location of the unit is pretty far away and I would have to see it run a cycle before I handed over cash.  Maybe I'll contact the seller and see what he says.

Jim Simonet

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 12:59:18 AM »
Update:  Wife called Westland support and they stated that if no voltage is getting to the drain pump - circuit board is next and that is a $300 part...That's when she updated the severity of the issue to SEV 1!   She took the door off along with the top and top front panel - this created enough clearance to get into living room area with the unit without removing the pocket door.  Then, located a coupon for 15% off @ CW, met up with me at lunch and traded cars to get my truck - got it loaded up in truck for $980 out the door.  The new unit is about 3/4 inch less depth than the original unit.  Her son who happens to be a plumber by trade came by last night - we got the old out and the new in without too much trouble.  From there, he took care of the rest of it - way more attention to detail on things like the exhaust hose that I was prepared to give it and finished up the install last night.  Since then, the laundry center has been running great clearing the backlog!  We were able to pull the pump off and return it so no harm no foul there.
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Carr