Author Topic: Dishwasher installation  (Read 2681 times)

Jim Simonet

Dishwasher installation
« on: July 06, 2019, 08:57:05 PM »
A couple of things that gave us great joy on our liveaboard Carver was the Splendide 2100 and then a short time later we modified some things and installed a Vesta Dishwasher...Now that we have transitioned to the RV, the washer/dryer is taken care of, but the dishwasher is gone.  We have been going back and forth - but I'd really like to explore the possibilities.  The thought of cutting on the cabinetry makes me sick to my stomach, but if I could get it done and looking professional - I could get past it.  The bottom drawer is the prime location candidate.  Has anyone done this/had it done before that could offer any words of wisdom?

HollemanA

Re: Dishwasher installation
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 09:44:51 PM »
Jim, we put a Fisher Paykel in our 08 Marquis in what appears to be the same spot you are looking to install yours.  It meant giving up slide out drawers for pots and pans , but we were able to keep the top drawer which is a shallow one.
We taped over the area to be cut and used a brand new fine blade for cutting the opening. The dishwasher covered up the cut.   For electric we ran a heavy duty short extension cord from underneath the sink to the back of the dishwasher. This also gave us the opportunity for a 110 outlet on far side of the counter.   Only problem is with the plumbing fixtures and a weird size on the hot water in the coach. A plumber had us fixed up in a 30 minute visit by soldering a copper connection fitting to match up the fitting on the hot water line.  For the drain we used the air break pipe by inserting a fitting with an elbow and then putting a threaded fitting for the air break on the top of that. If you don't have an air break under the sink you will need to tie into the sink drain.  It has worked great since installation. Just remember to lock it before travel and have the inverter on.
Art Holleman
08 Marquis