Author Topic: Ferry from Vancouver BC to Vancouver Island  (Read 2886 times)

John Fearnow

Ferry from Vancouver BC to Vancouver Island
« on: July 16, 2019, 09:32:11 PM »
We are considering visiting Vancouver Island next month.  Does anyone have any advice on the best ferry to use to get to Parkersville on Vancouver Island from the City of Vancouver?  Also is there any potential problem with getting our low riding rig on or off the ferry.... possibly depending on the state of the tide?

Thanks
John Fearnow
2002 Patriot-Thunder
CAT C-12
2013 Wrangler 4 door

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
Re: Ferry from Vancouver BC to Vancouver Island
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 10:38:51 PM »
I have not taken the BC ferries, but I have taken the Washington state ferries through the San Juan islands many times.  Low tides are a SERIOUS issue.  If the tides are particularly low, they will NOT load any RVs at the Anacortes landing.  I would certainly check tide schedules and ask when you make reservations about loading of large vehicles.  In Anacortes, reservations for RVs are required, I don't know about Vancouver.  Ferry scheduling of RVs requires that you be very flexible and not on a tight schedule.  Good luck on your trip and enjoy Vancouver Island.

Richard
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 11:07:12 PM »
https://www.bcferries.com/promotions/bring-it-all-faq.html

$57.50 plus $6.50/ft over 20 ft. (before promotion)
https://www.bcferries.com/files/fares/pdf_format/bcf_fares.pdf?ver=20190618#page4

Probably Tswassen (Vancouver) to Duke Point (Nanaimo), assuming you meant Parksville, not Parkersville.  But Horseshoe Bay (West Vancouver) to Departure Bay (Nanaimo) may be shorter.  Consult BC Ferries.

Joel
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:21:28 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

harry kew

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 11:18:34 PM »
I have family on the island and have made the trip many times tides are not a problem as they can lift or lower ramps to adjust for the tide
I too would recommend Tsawwassen to Duke Point

Check on bcferries,com they have a special for the summer on over length private vehicles on select ferry routes 

harry kew

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 11:21:48 PM »
Discounted ferry