Author Topic: Is this a Beaver factory Wiper Arm assembly for a 2005 Patriot?  (Read 2231 times)

Mike Shumack

My Beaver has these Wiper Arms-Blades installed when I bought her. I need to get some new Blades now. I want to get refills - but I'll buy new Arms if these are not stock. They just don't look like the quality I would expect to have come from the factory.

The Wiper Arm is 22-1/4" from shaft to Blade pivot. The end of the Arm is just a drilled hole with an adjustable "saddle" to hold the blade. The Blade is 27-1/2" inches long (I know these coaches had 30" bladed but many Owners uses a shorter bladed to save money).

Is this the factory installed Wiper Arm assembly for a 2005 Patriot?

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Is this a Beaver factory Wiper Arm assembly for a 2005 Patriot?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 03:33:33 PM »
Yup, look just like mine Mike, no washers on top of the saddle on mine, They're called 'wide saddle' blades. Got mine on-line but can't remember where. $20 or so each, I think. They don't sweep enough of the window for me, but oh well. My replacements were Trico brand. Trico lists them on their website under Beaver. Couldn't find refills, but I bet any refill the right length will work. Cleaning the blade with rubbing alcohol once in a while helps older blades, and if they start to squeak, I flipped mine 'upside down' and got a few more miles out of them.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 05:02:17 PM »
Thanks for confirming the Arms are correct/stock - and for the tip on the Trico blades. This is the first time I've seen an aftermarket catalog that actually listed "Beaver" as a model.

The 2004-05 Partiot is listed as having a 28" blade (Trico 67-281) $54/pair,
but the 2006 Patriot has a 32" blade (Trico 67-321) $62/pair.

The longer 32-inch blade is only $8 more (for a pair) on Amazon. I didn't price shop yet - so there may be better pricing available.

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 01:15:20 PM »
Mine look the same.  I just buy replacements at Walmart.  I just make sure they have the hole in the center so I can attach it.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 06:34:29 PM »
Mike, Here is the mfg of our wipers, in Coburg Or. AM Equip. https://www.amequipment.com/

Not long after I bought our coach, and after driving in the rain with the ineffective factory wipers, I contacted AM. They do have retrofits / upgrade wiper systems for our coach, only requires new holes in the front cap as the spacing between wipers is different for the upgraded mech. It would be simple for a body shop to patch and repaint the holes. Of course, I forgot the name of the gentleman who responded to my email nor can I recall the upgrade model # he suggested. Now if I can just save up the pennies to get the work done......
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Mike Shumack

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 10:17:34 PM »
Thanks for the link Bill. I saved it to my RV folder.
If you ever get the work done post back with the details.