Author Topic: Original Audio Visual Equipment  (Read 4143 times)

Dennis Campbell

Original Audio Visual Equipment
« on: August 23, 2019, 03:06:56 AM »
Hi Fellow Beavers!
 Is any one interested in the original Sony tv's and video/dvd players that came with the 2006 Monterey? I've finally upgraded and have the units if any anyone wants them. Will be in Branson and can bring them along. Let me know!

Dennis

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Original Audio Visual Equipment
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 03:14:36 AM »
Dennis, Not so much interested in the old stuff, but what did you replace it all with? I used to be pretty good with stereos, reel-to-reel tape recorders, amps and such. But then video came along, and as I don't care much for TV, I am lost with all the new stuff. Our '05 PT has a boat anchor sat dish (KVH) on the roof taking up space. We don't watch TV in the MH (too much of that at home!). But I am curious how you make the newfangled stuff work? Do we need a video switch, or does the existing Aladdin system come into play here?
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 03:41:22 AM »
Bill, In my 06 Patriot Thunder I installed a Winegard Traveler 1000 up front where the old POS Kingdom was, inside we have a Dish Hopper 3 and three wireless Joey's one for the bedroom and one for the basement TV. I've upgraded all the TV's to smart versions. The orignal Sony disk changer receiver was replaced with a more modern Sony I picked up on Ebay for less than $200 only thing is it doesn't have a DVD/Blue Ray player in it, so I just added a little player above it in the cabinet.
The old Sony worked great but you couldn't connect it to the new stuff, back then everything was RCA connections and component connection, now it's HDMI and wireless.
The Dish wireless Joey's work great without being wired to the Hopper 3, anyway that is a run down of what I did. By the way the Hopper 3 is the same one we use in the house in Wickenburg, Az. The Dish tech stated it would not work in a motor home, Wrong it works just like it is sitting in the living room, it don't know it's in a moving house.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 04:25:19 PM »
Lee, Thanks for the head's up on your system. Dish, Joeys, etc I'm just getting used to the idea. One of these days......
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Leon Scroggins

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 05:32:11 AM »
What’s the model number of the DVD/ tape player? May be very interested

Dennis Campbell

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 03:46:05 AM »
Leon,
Tried to send you a private message, but the system asks two questions at the bottom in order to send it. Its like two secret answers but I'll be danged if I can remember the answers and I cant find where to reset them in the messenger profile! Anyone?

Dennis Campbell

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 04:26:34 AM »
Bill,
 I too have a Winegard Traveler 1000. I use a wally receiver for dish service. I replaced the original sharp tv up front with a samsung smart tv that fit perfectly top to bottom and then modified the sides. I replaced the sony disk player with an inexpensive Denon receiver with several HDMI outputs as well as composite terminals for any other devices that may need those connections. Also added in a  blu-ray player. Only other issue was connecting into the surround sound system. I was able to hook up with all the speakers except the sub, so I replaced the original with a powered sub.

Lee - Dish recommends NOT using the hopper ONLY because the hard drive is very sensitive to vibration, so ( as you may already know) it is important to unplug it prior driving down the road.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 08:17:06 AM »
Dennis, it looks like Leon doesn’t have his profile set to accept pm’s, which may be why the system is troubling you.

When we dumped our Sharp for a Smart Sony and blue ray receiver/player system, the installer related no problem using the existing Bose speakers and sub.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Leon Scroggins

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 03:40:01 PM »
Just went into Profile settings and checked accept emails. Hope that’s what you were referring too. Thanks

Leon Scroggins

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 03:41:26 PM »
My email: leonsqa@gmail.com