Author Topic: Basement door damage  (Read 2683 times)

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Basement door damage
« on: September 13, 2019, 12:37:59 AM »
I was involved in an accident August 9th. Damage to both living room basement doors on driver side slide out, also water and sewer basement door, and small panel aft of water/sewer door.

Insurance estimate done but haven't had an estimate from body shop yet. Still drivable so headed back near family to get it repaired. It's a 2001 Contessa Naples with mid entry door.

Question I have is can the outer panel be replaced with a manufactured one(Reskin) and paint to match or are they repairable? I have no idea yet but was wondering.

Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Basement door damage
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 01:02:47 AM »
LaMonte,
Not sure but to have one fabricated would seem to be very expensive. I'm pretty sure that the doors in that location from almost any Magnum chassis coach would probably fit. Thus if it were me, I'd check with the various RV salvage yards.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Rick Daniels

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 04:43:19 PM »
two summers ago, a fence post jumped out beside me and drug down the side of my coach damaging one bay door and one fender panel on the right side.  Also crushed the fiberglass fender flare. The aluminum frame on the bay door was separated in one corner and required aluminum welding on the corner.  I, together with my local body shop, obtained a bay door panel, the fender panel and wheel well flare through Beaver Coach in bend.  They, or their provider sent diagrams for each and the body shop applied measurements on the diagrams and returned them and within two to three weeks I had all three pieces and the body shop matched the paint (three different colors) and the end result was perfect.  My '99 Marquis had a gold colored full length 6" wide rocker panel strip that was also damaged but I could not get them duplicated so I removed all of the rocker panel strips from both sides and replaced them with stainless steel strips.  I like the stainless steel look much more than the gold so I plan on replacing the gold trim on the front and rear someday soon.  My local body shop is in Three Forks, MT. 
1999 Beaver Marquis Jasper 40' Cat C-12
2020 Chev 1500 High Country
Three Forks, Montana
"Where the Missouri River Begins"

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 04:47:54 PM »
LaMonte: It is very likely you will find these panels at Colaw RV Salvage in Carthage, MO.  They have a fair collection of Beaver and Safari's. They pull the part and ship it.  I have been doing business with them for years. They are along the interstate west of Springfield.  There is another huge yard in KY but they tend to be more expensive.  Their inventory on their computers is fair but they will go out in the yard and look. They no longer let "we customers" walk around unassisted around their acreage.  I stopped by there last week on the way to the Branson Rally.  The company that originally made those doors and panels for Beaver was in Bend, Or but I don't recall their name and have no idea if they are still in business.

Larry Fritz
Larry Fritz

Rick Daniels

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 05:09:12 PM »
I should add to my earlier post that I only needed the skin on the bay door. The bay door frame and insulated portion of the bay door except for the corner frame weld was not damaged.  I do believe BCS did get the panels from a Bend, OR supplier but cant remember for sure.  Salvage parts will definitely be less expensive.
1999 Beaver Marquis Jasper 40' Cat C-12
2020 Chev 1500 High Country
Three Forks, Montana
"Where the Missouri River Begins"

Leon Scroggins

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 06:38:15 PM »
I had a rear tire blow two years ago and buckled the wheel well trim and the battery door. I had the repair shop ship them to Beaver Coach Sales in Bend, OR and they re-skinned them and freighted them back to me.  Insurance paid so I do not remember the cost.  Once back, I had them painted locally after getting the three colors paint codes from REV Group.