Author Topic: FUEL DISCOUNT CARD FREE  (Read 18946 times)

Anthony Pewonski

FUEL DISCOUNT CARD FREE
« on: September 20, 2019, 12:30:46 AM »
TSD RV fuel program. Watched a video from Marc and Julie Bennett, RV LOVE about a free discount card for RV Fuel, just signed up, looks like a great way to save a lot of money fueling up. Takes 7 to 10 days to get a card, will let you know when mine comes and see what savings are. You should watch the video.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: FUEL DISCOUNT CARD FREE
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 03:41:45 AM »
FMCA also offers a fuel discount card from TCS.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Robert Wagner

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 02:33:59 PM »
Did you watch the video to see which was better???

William Jordan

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 04:23:34 PM »
Keep in mind it’s not a discount card per say. It’s a account with TSD . A primarily trucking firm that negotiated lower bulk fuel prices. TSD via the EFS payment card withdraws the amount the following day from your checking account. I’m fine with this but some are suspicious and won’t give access to their checking account for immediate withdrawals. They won’t use a credit card it must be your checking account.
The discount is best evidently at Loves who in my experience are the highest prices to start with, but your getting 40-50 cents. That gets a pretty good price . I think The pilot flying j prices are actually better using pilots own monthly debit of your account plan that’s connected with good Sam ( not the good Sam discount , the actual pilot credit card )
I haven’t used it yet but the card is in my mail drop waiting for my trip south in November.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 12:38:21 AM »

The discount is best evidently at Loves who in my experience are the highest prices to start with, but your getting 40-50 cents. That gets a pretty good price .

I think The pilot flying j prices are actually better using pilots own monthly debit of your account plan that’s connected with good Sam ( not the good Sam discount , the actual pilot credit card )
I haven’t used it yet but the card is in my mail drop waiting for my trip south in November.

I have the "Pilot Flying-J" RV-Plus card (through Good Sam Club). I just completed a 2,400 mile trip and used that card. Pump prices were $2.97/gal and $3.01 in GA,  $2.95/gal in VA, $3.51/gal in PA. My Pilot App says I saved $.08 a gallon. I'm not sure if that is a good savings/deal or if I'm paying a lot more than $.08 for the convenience of the Pilot truck stops.

BTW, truck stops are easy to get in and out of (which is why I use them) but every one I used has dirty pump handles and leave your hands a mess, plus the high volume pumps are way to fast for my coach and I ended up having to hold the nozzle at the slowest speed to keep the fuel flowing (even the first notch for the handle lock was too fast). 

William Jordan

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 01:30:08 AM »
I have used a triangle shaped piece of 1/8 inch plywood I keep inside the filler door to slide into the pump handle with infinite adjustments. In fact if I remember correctly I think I got one of them at a Beaver rally a few years ago. Sometimes the first click on a 60 gallon per minute pump is still to much.
Something I did when a truck driver that’s followed me is keep a pair of leather work gloves and slip on work shoes at the door and I wear them anytime I’m checking or filling fuel etc No more oily hands or tracking oil in past the front landing.

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 01:31:09 AM »
When you consider that it is 8 cents off the cash price it is a decent savings!
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Al Anderson

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 06:23:14 PM »
I would be very interested in how much you end up saving with the TSD Discount Card. I have the Flying J card and many times the costs at the other stations in the same town make it less expensive to go there as opposed to the $.08 you save with them.

Please keep us all in the loop.

Regards,
Al Anderson

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 05:18:53 PM »
I just used my TSD card for first time and so far I like it. Local Loves pump price at truck islands was $3.29/gal. Just got my statement from TSD and actual price after discount was $2.66/gal. Also like the convenience of the card. You swipe at the pump and pump as much fuel as you need. No more going in to the counter to get your CC validated before pumping.
Steve
Steve
The following users thanked this post: Don and Kathy DuCharme, Jim Nichols, Stan Simpson, Jerry Emert, Paul Meehan

John Bagwell

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2019, 02:24:38 AM »

I recently used my TSD card on trip to Tennessee and saved at least .45 per gallon on fillips at Loves truck stops.  Their appl shows savings.   Pilot discounts aren’t as good.   Receipt was already printed out and waiting for you when i went inside, if you want one.
John Bagwell
2001 Monterey 36ft.
CAT 3126B
Toad. 2020 Ford Ranger
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Bill Sprague

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2019, 05:38:19 PM »

Keith Cooper

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2019, 08:15:15 PM »
the TCS program from FMCA appears to be a  prepaid cash card program which employs a 90 day dormant fee. In all fairness, the fee can be avoided by placing your account on hold. TCS claims availability at approximately 1,100 locations. The fuel stations are only visible to members making analysis of locations difficult without joining.

The TSD program works alot like a debit card with an immediate withdrawal from your checking account. If this is a concern, i suggest adding a second checking account and maintaining a lower balance in this secondary checking account. transferring funds into the secondary account , as needed. The TSD card is accepted @ more than 14,000 locations in North America.

The following users thanked this post: Jim Murray, Jerry Emert

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 09:28:51 PM »
Keith,
TSD took 3 days to debit my checking acct. Their literature says 2-3 days.
Steve
Steve

Keith Cooper

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2019, 12:49:50 AM »
In my case the account was debited within 24 hours when i used the card at a flying J in Florida. However, until we have used the card for several months i dont think I will have a clear picture on billing.

Ken Sair

• BAC Member
  • Second generation fulltimers!!
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2019, 12:11:39 AM »
We have had our TSD Logistics card from EFS since mid summer. Its quite simple. apply at TSDlogistics.com. They will call you back and request your SS#. not a problem for me. This is how they ensure they get paid as it is they who are in fact paying for your fuel. They want their money when the bill comes due.

In the mail you will receive the EFS fuel card with instructions how to link your checking/savings account. This is essentaily a debit transaction like any other.

When you complete fueling you will receive an email with the transaction details. this does not reflect the discount. and the discount is not shown at the pump. that is available if you want through the phone APP. The official discount will arrive 24-72 hours via an email. My bank has taken up to 7 days on occasion to debit my account.

fueling is quite simple. swipe your card and follow the prompts. no going inside and no leaving your CC at the fuel desk. That is a problem for me. If you want a receipt that will require a trip inside. then off you go. they have a great APP for the fuel card with a search function. we drove from Delaware to AZ in October over 11 days. we fueled 5 times i think and strictly at Love's. our savings was $180 if i remember correctly. No other discount out there will even come close. additionally, the Loves discount was significantly higher than Pilot/TA/Petro etc. There is no annual fee and no time out.

i swipe my loves card and next year after another 400 gallons I think Ann gets a free cup of coffee. :)

anyway, just a report from a very satisfied user.

Ken
BAC members since 2006