Author Topic: Adding A "T" adapter for propane fireplace.  (Read 2505 times)

Michael Hannan

Adding A "T" adapter for propane fireplace.
« on: December 01, 2019, 05:52:14 PM »
I've been reading a topic from 2012 about plumbing the propane system so a propane BBQ or fireplace can be run from the main LP tank.  Bill Sprague, did you even post a the photo that you mentioned of the adapter setup you did at the tank?

Thanks
MJ

Bill Sprague

Re: Adding A "T" adapter for propane fireplace.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 04:57:10 AM »
I'm not comfortable explaining details of how to do propane plumbing modifications on the internet.  It can leak, burn and even blow up!

2012 is only 8 years ago.  I probably did post a photo but have no idea where it would be if I still had it.   

I recall modifying an Extend-a-Stay with a 90, 45 or both to get it to fit inside the tank guard.  It was awkward to get to and awkward to use.  But, I could hook up a hose with ends that match the threads on a one pound propane can and feed the fire pit or BBQ.

One of these and a close hardware store with brass fittings and you can invent what you want.

https://smile.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-Throwaway-Cylinder-Fitting/dp/B000BQN4IS/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=propane+fittings&qid=1575261575&sr=8-5

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 05:09:17 AM »
Gentlemen,
Is this the thread you are looking for?  http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,1951.0.html
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Adam Hicklin

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 08:36:33 AM »
Michael, I installed a T and a propane quick connect at the LP pipe that feeds the fridge.  Removed the regulator from the BBQ (since that LP line is low pressure) and installed a quick connect nipple in its place.  I saved the regulator and made it in to a jumper hose with a quick connect so I can still use the BBQ with a propane tank if I need to. Works like a charm and I don’t need to lug around portable propane tanks.  We tend to use the grill a lot, so it made sense for us. 

Michael Hannan

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 09:25:16 PM »
Thanks everyone. I found a YouTube video showing the installation for a Stay Awhile valve that will do the job.

MJ

Bill Sprague

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 03:43:39 AM »
Gentlemen,
Is this the thread you are looking for?  http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,1951.0.html
Steve

Wow!  What a great blast from the past.  Richard Cooper and Ed Buker in a topic on BBQs and propane!  I miss those guys. 

The fitting pictured in that topic worked but didn't fit in the space without either a 45 or 90 elbow.  I forget!