Author Topic: Dometic Fridge just shuts down randomly.  (Read 2243 times)

Andrew Shoen

• BAC Member
Dometic Fridge just shuts down randomly.
« on: December 14, 2019, 01:21:04 PM »
Hey everyone.

So recently back from BCS with tons of accomplished repairs and the fridge was part of the fix.

It used to flash error code 12 but $300 later that is fixed and the fridge worked fine.

Then the other day I opened the door surprised to see error code 11.  12 is the heating element for the fridge and 11 is the heating element for the freezer.
Then the next time I opened the door the power just shut off. I went outside, checked fuses (all good) and heard this clicking noise. I moved wires around and the clicking stopped and the fridge went back on.

This has happened when the door is opened and then sometimes there is no "clicking" sound coming from the control panel, fuse box area. I unplugged the fridge and plugged it back in, jiggled wires around, pushed the power buton a few times, and it CAME BACK ON!

The error code hasn't flashed and the last 24 hours things have worked properly, but what is causing this?

I was gonna call Shu at BCS to discuss how to handle my newly purchased service contract and the fridge (less than 30 day old policy) but for the last 24 hours ii is working fine.

I have just started a 3 month trip and having little confidence in the fridge is a little unnerving.

Any suggestions?

2006 Beaver Monterey Pacifica
C9

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Dometic Fridge just shuts down randomly.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 03:31:51 PM »
    Andrew, not sure which model you have, model 6030? regardless the PC board has all the control wires attached at the bottom, If you could carefully isolate and only move one wire at a time without moving others you may find the loose connection that is throwing the code. This is a difficult task, but once you find the offending wire, remove the black cover and remove the wire and slightly crimp the female spade connector and reinstall. Blessings & Merry Christmas, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
The following users thanked this post: Richard Lundquist, Andrew Shoen