Author Topic: DPF  (Read 2905 times)

Richard Muha

DPF
« on: January 15, 2020, 01:45:57 AM »
I have a 2008 Marquis with a C-15.  In the engine compartment I have a “regen” switch.  Can I do a regen and what is the procedure?  My DPF light has been coming on and off.

Gerald Farris

Re: DPF
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 02:43:18 PM »
Richard,
I am not familiar with the "regen" switch that you described. Normally, a forced regen is not required because the ECM will preform one when needed, however if a forced regen is needed for some reason it normally requires a software command by a Cat dealer, so it would be a surprise to me if they had installed a switch to make a regen operation so usher accessable.

Gerald

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 02:37:45 AM »
Richard
             I too have a 2008 Beaver Marquis Cat C15 and I do not have a DPF nor DEF. However, my dash annunciator cluster does have a DEF annunciator symbol and even though once in a great while it will illuminate just momentarily, the manual for the coach reflects NA, (not applicable) for that symbol. I believe late model 08s may very well have what you describe. Also on my coach, the actual completed build date was March of 2007.
          Just some info for you
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Richard Muha

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 01:39:20 AM »
Dealer found that my spark plug and a wire to my ard head were fried.  $978 later fixed and completed regen.  Code 310-0. No engine light now.   Thanks

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 08:36:59 PM »
Could that have been a glow plug?  You don't have spark plugs, or if you do it is unlike any other diesel I have ever seen.
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 03:58:47 AM »
Carl,
The spark plug that he is referring to is in the Aftertreatment Regeneration Device (ARD) head and not in the engine. It is used to ignite the fuel as it is sprayed into the exhaust stream to burn the soot out of the diesel particulate filter (DPF).

Gerald