Author Topic: Drive axle inner wheel seal leak  (Read 1967 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
Drive axle inner wheel seal leak
« on: January 29, 2020, 12:41:04 AM »
             I have a 2008 Beaver Marquis, chassis build date Jan 2007. My Drive wheel inner seal is leaking and the brake caliper reflects the residue. This was discovered during oil change at Cat facility. The tech has worked on this coach for the past 5 years and I have faith in him. My problem is the Parts guy seems to be unable to find out what part to get and from whom. That just baffles me.
             So, with a Roadmaster chassis having an Eaton Axle set up and Bendix brakes, can anyone refer a source to me that knows chassis systems. I am located in Florida, but this parts guy is failing me.
           I will be calling Josams and Freighliner tomorrow.
     Thanks in advance for any source you may provide
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Tom Webber

• BAC Member
Re: Drive axle inner wheel seal leak
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 03:12:34 AM »
Have you tried the REV Group, the owner of Monaco. They might have some info about a part number and original supplier. The other choice would be the parts person at Beaver Coach Sales in Oregon.

Best of Luck.
06 Monterey
CAT 350HP C9

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 11:02:10 AM »
What part(s) is the guy looking for?
If you just need a "wheel seal" the brand-name and part number would be on the old seal.

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 01:21:39 PM »
Tom and Mike.
         Thanks for the input, I will start today to make some headway from your suggestions. I have very little faith with the parts guy at the facility where the oil change was done.
         I will press on.
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15