Author Topic: Home Theatre Upgrade  (Read 2684 times)

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Home Theatre Upgrade
« on: February 07, 2020, 03:18:58 PM »
   As our Beaver Coaches are aging, new owners are asking questions like "what happened to my dvd player with the surround sound speaker system" Either the DVD player is gone or just inoperative. Some owners have no Idea what was there to begin with. Well, here are some considerations to bring us up to current technology. The LED televisions for the last couple years have a HDMI output with "ARC" (audio return channel). If you have an empty space with 6 sets of speaker wires just laying there, here is an easy way to identify them: Get a 9 volt battery and momentarily touch each pair of wires to identify, then label them. Pyle makes a 5.1 amplifier (PFA540BT) for $80.00. You can plug your HDMI from the TV into it, connect the speakers and what ever the TV plays, the speakers work. You can plug a blu-ray dvd player into it also. It is  Blu-tooth enabled so you can play your smart phone playlist thru it. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Jim Nichols, Stan Simpson, Neal E Weinmann, Larry Azus, Andrew Shoen

Robin Goffrier

Re: Home Theatre Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 03:22:26 PM »
The Samsung dvd/surround sound in our 06 PT croaked.  And of course its an antique, although the sound and performance was superb.  I found one on ebay for $100 and it works great, so far.   However after every completed  movie I give thanks that the new to us aged tech made it through again.  I expect its just a matter of time.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Home Theatre Upgrade
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 07:04:31 PM »
   Hi Robin, If it is the HT-J4500 or above model, it is a real dependable unit. I have installed 8 of them and the customers are satisfied for Blu-ray and TV content if configured. $100.00 is a smokin' deal.
  Blessing, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6