Author Topic: AUTOMATIC APPLIANCE SELECTOR FOR 2006 PATRIOT THUNDER  (Read 3453 times)

Vaughn Mancha

AUTOMATIC APPLIANCE SELECTOR FOR 2006 PATRIOT THUNDER
« on: February 09, 2020, 10:14:02 PM »
I have a 2006 Patriot Thunder Saratoga.  As per the manual, the coach has an  "automatic appliance selector limiting the use of appliances according to priority, to prevent electrical overload".  My tech needs to locate the "automatic selector" between the rear ac unit and the washer/dryer.  After troubleshooting the rear a/c unit (it's about a year old and he's replaced a board that he thought might be the problem) he thinks the selector may be damaged.  (The washer works, but the a/c unit doesn't).
Any ideas where to look for the selector?
Thanks!

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: AUTOMATIC APPLIANCE SELECTOR FOR 2006 PATRIOT THUNDER
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 10:36:10 PM »
On the A/C not working; Your tech will have to do a 'reset' of the thermostat after changing the A/C board. As for the location of the selector, I haven't a clue. You '06 and up folks got all the good stuff; multiplex and all that. Not so for us '05 and older owners. Ask your tech if he did a reset on the thermostat.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 11:55:00 PM »
    Vaughn, Are you talking about the EMS system. The Energy Management system has a black 2" by 4" display located with all the other monitors I think in the hallway. It has a display on the left side that is usually blank when plugged into 50amp shore power. If on Generator or 30 amps, it will display how many amps are being used. The PC Board for the EMS is located inside the circuit breaker box on the right side. If the washer dryer circuit breaker is turned off, the EMS gets confused and the rear air conditioner will not work. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 12:22:07 AM »
With my 06 Patriot Thunder I have no such system, mine was actually build in Nov,Dec 05 so it was probably added later. Reboot the thermostat also do a complete reboot on the whole coach unplug and turn off all power and restart.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 02:34:31 PM by Lee Welbanks »

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 12:54:41 PM »
Look at your 120VAC Circuit Breaker Panel. If you have individual breakers for the three AC units and the Washer/Dryer, then you would not have EMS (load shedding). AFAIK

The wiring diagrams show a "Power Management" system on the 2007 Patriot.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 01:16:33 PM by Mike Shumack »

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 07:59:56 PM »
   Vaughn,  If you don't have this display then you do not have an energy management system. Do you have a dedicated thermostat in the bedroom? If yes, then the technician should have reset the thermostat as previously mentioned. If the bedroom air conditioner is on ZONE 2 or ZONE 3, Maybe the tech forgot to toggle the correct "dip switch" on the PC board located inside the new air conditioner. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6