Author Topic: Water Leak  (Read 4699 times)

Michael Hannan

Water Leak
« on: March 20, 2020, 11:50:23 PM »
I found a water leak this morning.  Water was leaking into the kitchen floor.  I went out to the water control panel and shut off the water going to the kitchen.  I noticed that water was leaking onto the ground on the copilot side just behind the Aqua Hot.  So I shut all of the individual water controls off and water was still leaking.  It only stopped when I turned of the water coming from the campground into the RV.

I looked in the manual section hoping to find a water line diagram so I can see what goes where.  I didn't find one.  Is there one available for my 2003 Marquis or another similar model that I can download?

Thanks
MJ

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: Water Leak
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 12:16:04 AM »
I had a similar problem except for water inside.  The problem was the fresh water dump valve under the coach was stuck open.  Good luck with your issue.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Frank Bergamo

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 12:49:02 AM »
Michael,
sounds like the fresh water line to the Aqua Hot is leaking. On my 02’ the line into the boiler was leaking at the fitting. I had to remove the FlairIt fitting and water line and replace both. Very tight to work on, but doable. First thing to do is locate leak, then repair. The FlairIt fittings are available at the big box stores and some smaller hardware stores, Home Depot, Lowe’s, and on the internet. I believe the water line is pex. Hope this helps.
Frank & Paulette Bergamo
2019-       : 2007 Marquis Topaz IV  C-15 600 HP Allison 4000
2014-2019: 2002 Marquis Emerald C-12 505 HP Allison 4000
2004-2014: 1986 Executive Diplomat 3208 250 HP Allison MT-643
Grand Junction, CO.

Michael Hannan

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 01:05:05 AM »
Thanks Frank.  I check it out.

MJ

Michael,
sounds like the fresh water line to the Aqua Hot is leaking. On my 02’ the line into the boiler was leaking at the fitting. I had to remove the FlairIt fitting and water line and replace both. Very tight to work on, but doable. First thing to do is locate leak, then repair. The FlairIt fittings are available at the big box stores and some smaller hardware stores, Home Depot, Lowe’s, and on the internet. I believe the water line is pex. Hope this helps.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 05:16:41 AM »
If you find that the leak is on a PEX water line, you can use shark bite fittings instead of Flair it. I just repaired the cold water inlet to our AH using shark bite fittings. I had to remove the AH burner assy and move it out of the way to access the cold water PEX line under it. Simple fix. Not so easy using Flair it fittings.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 02:13:50 PM »
   Hi Mike, Shark-bite fittings are a great consideration especially when in tight quarters. Although a little pricey, I think they are worth it if installed correctly. Cut the pex ends straight as possible and take a "Sharpie" and make index marks on the tubing so you can see how far you have pushed it into the fitting. No joy around the bulkhead and burner of an Aqua Hot fixing leaks! Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
The following users thanked this post: Andrew Shoen

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 04:03:10 PM »
Mike,
The small nylon tubing that runs to your InstantHot hot water dispenser, and your icemaker is prone to leaks and it does not go through the water manifold on most coaches of your vintage. If so, there is a cutoff valve for it in the water pump compartment.

Gerald

Michael Hannan

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 04:46:46 PM »
 I'll shut off the ice maker line near the filter to check if that's the culprit.  Thanks.

MJ

Mike,
The small nylon tubing that runs to your InstantHot hot water dispenser, and your icemaker is prone to leaks and it does not go through the water manifold on most coaches of your vintage. If so, there is a cutoff valve for it in the water pump compartment.

Gerald

Michael Hannan

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 04:47:25 PM »
Great tip!  Thanks

MJ

Hi Mike, Shark-bite fittings are a great consideration especially when in tight quarters. Although a little pricey, I think they are worth it if installed correctly. Cut the pex ends straight as possible and take a "Sharpie" and make index marks on the tubing so you can see how far you have pushed it into the fitting. No joy around the bulkhead and burner of an Aqua Hot fixing leaks! Hope this helps, Fred

Michael Hannan

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 08:45:50 PM »
The instanthot line was the culprit Gerald.  Good call.  I shut of the supply valve and the leak wasn't there when I turned the city water back on.  Thanks to all for your help.

MJ