Author Topic: repairing Cesana shower door top roller bar  (Read 2210 times)

Jeff Wheless

repairing Cesana shower door top roller bar
« on: October 05, 2020, 05:43:05 PM »
The bar above the shower door opening finally failed a couple of months ago.     It looks like originally, there were straight and curved connector part numbers.   I found the following Cesana part, which looks like its been redesigned to worked on all joints.    Below worked on both sides of the top bar.     

The toughest part was removing the remaining parts of the joint, where they had used a punch to retain it in the aluminum slot.  There was just enough room, when loosening the wall mounts on the small straight glass side, to insert in the replacement joints without removing the whole assembly.   My doors were then fully aligned, which I had never been able to adjust out since I did not realize my top roller bar was sagging. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Joint-For-Circle-Cesana-MRN072298AS/254609192126?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

"Replacement Joint For Circle Cesana MRN072298AS" 

These are sourced from Italy, but I got the parts in less than a week adn far cheaper than US sourced suppliers.
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: repairing Cesana shower door top roller bar
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 06:56:33 PM »
   Hi Jeff,
 Nice job repairing your shower enclosure. I am not sure what precautions you are taking when in transit, but for us who have to deal with an 80 pound sliding shower door here are some ideas so that door doesn't hammer that new repair job you just fixed. First and most important is do not travel with the door closed. The weight of the door is pounding on that curved upper rail. Store the door in the open position and secure with removeable pins. That way you have structure under the door to support it. Note: be careful when drilling the holes for the pins to miss the embedded glass. I got the pins from ACE hardware. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6