Author Topic: Leaning coach  (Read 2845 times)

Adam Hicklin

Leaning coach
« on: April 09, 2020, 07:06:34 AM »
After driving about 30 minutes today, I noticed the coach listing to the passenger side. Seemed pretty severe.  I looked at the pressure gauge and both needles were fluctuating between 100 and 120psi.  They were fluctuating together, in tandem, which I never really noticed before.  This lasted for about 10 minutes, then the coach leveled itself.  It stayed level for another 30 minutes until I reached my destination. The pressure gauges continued to fluctuate though.  When I stopped, I sat for about 10 minutes.  The pressure gauge held fast at 120psi.  Didn’t fluctuate.  My wife was following and said that the list to the right was very noticeable.  This is an HWH system.  Has always worked flawlessly.  Never a problem. Also I’ll add that this was the first time the coach had been driven in 6 months.  Any ideas?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Leaning coach
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 11:41:07 AM »
Possibly the height control valve curbside rear needs its adjuster coupler replaced.  I believe the part/kit is Haldex Midland RN10JC.  Some NAPA stores can get them... get 2 so you have a spare.  They’re on Amazon, but are likely cheaper and maybe faster obtained by checking auto parts stores, etc.  Just be sure to block the coach, especially when messing with the air system, when crawling underneath.  Or call a local mobile repair tech.

Our coach did something similar (but it was the front valve) after sitting parked for 3 years.  I think the rubber device dries out if not exercised often, and then cracks and lets go.
Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Andrew Shoen