Author Topic: What are You Doing During The Stay At Home?  (Read 17169 times)

Peter and Connie Bradish

What are You Doing During The Stay At Home?
« on: April 22, 2020, 05:25:46 PM »
I am presently collecting photos of what BAC members are doing during the CoVid-19 aka SARS CoV-2 stay at home. If you have a photo you would like included of your activities during this time, please e-mail me your photo at bradish@attglobal.net

At present the new website has no link to the 2020 Rally Photos. I am hoping this will be corrected soon.

Connie Bradish, rally photo coordinator

« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 05:34:40 PM by Peter and Connie Bradish »

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: What are You Doing During The Stay At Home?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 06:24:55 PM »
I am continuing to play golf five days per week here in the Foothills of Yuma.  No one I know wants to take pictures of my golf.  lol  BUT... a couple of weeks back I did have a great round of golf - 69 on a par 72 from the silver tees at Las Barrancas.  That's the first time I shot UNDER my age.  Many/most businesses remain open and most of the retired folks here in the Foothills wear a mask when out and about.  The restaurants are closed to eating in but are taking phone orders to pick up at their door.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 07:56:31 PM »
Here in Ontario Canada the wether is not cooperating as this is spring our average temps should be in the 40s or 50s but winter keeps hanging on we are freezing at night and highs during the day are low 40s.
But that has not stopped me from working on the coach as there's always something to do lol.
I haven't taken many pics
It's good to hear what people are up to during these times of lock down
Have a great day and say well
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 11:23:52 PM »
... a couple of weeks back I did have a great round of golf - 69 on a par 72 from the silver tees at Las Barrancas.  That's the first time I shot UNDER my age.

So David, is your game improving or are you just getting older  8)
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 12:18:48 AM »
Here in Wickenburg, Az it's starting to warm up, we've been doing a lot of side by side trail rides out in the Sonora, some really beautiful sites to see out here.Have been making some of my horseshoe art pieces for some of the people here, I have a site on FB "Iron Art by Lee". We don't know yet if we will actually go anywhere this year, just have to see how it works out.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 01:59:23 AM »
Joel - Certainly it helps to add years.  But on the other hand, in the past five-to-ten-years, I have noted a rapid decrease in the distance my clubs will hit the ball.  I guess my clubs are getting older too, eh?  Anyways, the combination of studying the game and the courses has especially made my drives and chips more accurate.  If I could get my putting to work, then my handicap would be sub 5 rather than sub 10.  As a golfing friend of mine likes to say, "It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."

2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

George Harwell

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 12:33:24 PM »
Installed new tv and home theater, replaced tv antenna and coax, replacing bathroom vent fan and then I get dirty greasing the front end and changing the oil and filters. These chores keep me out of the house and makes MAMA happy.
The following users thanked this post: Jim Murray

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 12:53:29 PM »
Installed ceramic tile and vanity in mother-in-laws bathroom, did some painting around the house, repaired ceiling fan in great room, and playing golf a couple times a week. It’s been in the 60-70 degree range here in Missouri. The state is supposed to open up again on 4 May so we may head to Branson or a little farther south to Eureka Springs AR. Hope everyone is doing well.
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired
The following users thanked this post: Jim Murray

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 02:27:07 PM »
   Hi George, Happy to hear you got the Samsung Blu-ray home theater installed and wired. I am not sure if I told you about the HDMI connection between the TV and the back of the Blu-ray player. If your television is within the last 5 years, there is a HDMI input labeled "ARC" (audio return channel). If you use this input, you can play anything that is currently on the tv thru the sound system. TV antenna, cable, sat dish, ect. All you do is scroll thru the blu-ray source or input until you see "D IN" this means "digital audio in" coming from the tv. Hope to see everyone soon, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

George Harwell

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 11:23:17 PM »

Fred,

Thanks for the information. I was unaware of the ARC portion of the hdmi cable inputs. My new 32 inch Samsung smart tv must not have that capability as I tried both cables and no joy from the blue ray receiver. Satellite, dvd, and FM all sound awesome. Will do more homework tonight. Thanks again for your kindness.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 11:31:20 PM »
   Just finished the annual oil and filter change on our Cat C-12. Thought she may Purr a little if I talk sweet to her. Just wanted to give a shout out to Mike Shumack for doing the research on the correct EZ DRAIN plug. It will be a LOT easier than monkeying around with a 1 1/2" drain plug that takes a few gorillas to break loose. For those interested the part# is EZ-205 which is 1 1/8" -12unf threads. Thanks Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 12:03:22 AM »
   Just finished the annual oil and filter change on our Cat C-12. Thought she may Purr a little if I talk sweet to her. Just wanted to give a shout out to Mike Shumack for doing the research on the correct EZ DRAIN plug. It will be a LOT easier than monkeying around with a 1 1/2" drain plug that takes a few gorillas to break loose. For those interested the part# is EZ-205 which is 1 1/8" -12unf threads. Thanks Fred

Dang Fred,

Now there is something else I "need"!  Do you know if that is the same plug for the 3126 Cat?

Thanks Carl
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 01:16:16 AM »
George, the ARC HDMI cable should not involve the blue ray player, but be an optional connect of the TV to your receiver/amp.  That said, our 2019 Sony OLED has an “advanced” H-ARC version (I think that’s how it’s marked), and I think the installer told us that not all new TV’s have even basic ARC, but Fred may know better.  If you have it there should be a marked port on the TV and the amp.

If all else fails re the DVD unit I’d revert to reading the manual, even if it’s a PITA online one.

Joel

Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2020, 01:23:43 AM »
We've been wintering at Macdill AFB in Tampa, Fl this year.

I have changed the oil and filter in the 3126 CAT.
I changed the oil, oil filter and air filter in the Onan 7500 genset.
I sanded the roof some, resealed all the seams, and repainted the roof with Rustoleum boat paint.
Then I sanded the radius sides by the roof, the front upper cap and the rear cap, and painted with Durabak truck bed paint that turned out amazingly well.
I also had to replace almost all the water fittings behind the on / off valve handles that were cracked and a few were dripping.
Washed/ waxed the coach.
Took all the mirrors out of the kitchen area and put tile in its place.
We also painted the entire wall surfaces inside of the coach.

Thats about it, even got the car done while here..all new rotors, pads, oil change and filters.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2020, 04:27:33 AM »
LaMonte, you can now come and do my radius’.  You’re a lot more ambitious than me, and both cap tops need it worse than the sides.  If I can ever get beyond our medical (and this pandemic) hiatus at home, hopefully BCS or Bend RV Repair can do it, as after balance-affecting surgery I’ve little business topside.  But I’ll bet you’d not charge as much 🤐.  I can’t even seem to get around to polishing the rig.  Thank goodness my stepson at least couldn’t handle it last summer and power-washed it. 

Now if only he hadn’t got water up inside the entry door awning and put that out of commission 😵.

As to painting the interior, I’ll draw a line, as ours are just fine as is.  Hopefully my contribution here will be replacing all my batteries and renovating the tray, if the weather ever cooperates long enough. 

My current endeavors are confined to clearing my garage workbench of electronic fix-it projects, trying to keep ahead of the yard, and soon tilling in the winter vegetable garden cover crop... rains cooperating.  And awaiting the arrival in early May of our 5th great grandchild(daughter).

Joel
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 04:43:59 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat