Author Topic: What should "VDC" be on the Solar and House Batteries on the Aladdin monitor?  (Read 3867 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Mike Bill Fred...
On our 02 we didnt have the Aladdin.  I recall that was the CMP 20 monitor.  That stated we did have a similar problem to Mikes and it turned out to be a faulty house battery temp sensor.  It is the connector on the battery and hooks to the phone jack and feeds data to the inverter.  In that case the data was wrong and it showed on the monitor.  Replacement was about $30.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Mike Shumack

Re: Aladdin AC-DC Voltage display - FIXED
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2020, 04:43:14 PM »
I replaced the Aladdin AC/DC Voltage monitor with a new (used) part, and the display is now showing normal values. So that looks to have fixed the problem.

My solar is showing low voltage but that may be correct as my Coach is parked under a roof. I'll confirm that the solar voltage reading is correct after I pull out into the sun, and I can recalibrate the amperage reading at that time if needed.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Glad you got it fixed! Our PT is parked under an awning at the storage yard, so the solar never gets full sun. At 0830 the other day, voltage was about 7 volts, rising to 9 volts after an hour. So, even in full shade, the reading will change; It won't be enough to charge your batteries, but at least you know your Aladdin works! BTW, 1x 100 watt solar panel will give you about 5 amps charge current in full sun at noon. So at best, its a trickle charger.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."