Author Topic: Electrical issue  (Read 2100 times)

Billy Monahan

Electrical issue
« on: June 21, 2020, 06:47:11 PM »
Hi. New member.  2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder Richmond Cat 13 525 Hp
On the way home from a recent trip I had the roof ac’s and generator running. When we stopped to sleep I had no power to any overhead lights rear slides and AC/Heat units. Only my 110 appliances and plugs work.  No toilet power etc.   front slides and awning work fine.  Thanks in advance. Billy

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Electrical issue
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 07:05:34 PM »
What is the house battery bank's voltage reading?
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 08:37:34 PM »
It sounds like you tripped the 12 volt master switch (salesman switch) by the front door.

Gerald

Billy Monahan

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 09:16:59 PM »
Hi Dan 6.85  over 6

Billy Monahan

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 09:20:15 PM »
Where is that switch? The coach power switch does show power. is there a reset I dont know about

Mike Shumack

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 10:18:34 PM »
What/where is the "Coach Power switch" that you're talking about (that shows power)?
Perhaps you are referring to the Xantrex display. The other place to read system voltages is the Aladdin display unit.

There is a switch in the "row of switches" in the dash panel as you enter/exit the coach. One of these switches is for the interior 12VDC power.
That switch should have a "release button" on the switch so it can't be accidently toggled.

In the photo below you can see the switch location on a 2005 PT. The Coach power switch is next to the AC vent (in my photo I moved that switch to under the dash so I could use the original switch cutout for a different switch).

The actual solenoid that switch controls is located in the small compartment above the batteries. If that solenoid (or the switch) is bad, you can by pass it by just moving one of the larger battery cables from one side of the solenoid to the other side - so both large cables are connected together on the same terminal post.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 11:53:21 PM »
Billy - Your house battery bank is showing 6.85 volts?  It should be showing over 12 volts... up to 12.6/12.7 volts without the generator running and without being plugged into shore power.  If either the generator is running or if plugged into shore power, then it should be showing over 13 volts up to over 14 volts.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!