Author Topic: Dash air and heat blower.  (Read 2940 times)

Adam Hicklin

Dash air and heat blower.
« on: July 03, 2020, 07:34:59 AM »
My dash blower is making a loud screeching noise when on anything above low.  Has anyone had to access the blower and motor, and how is it accessed?  Haven’t really torn in to it but it seems to be behind the little wood console. 

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Dash air and heat blower.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 10:40:27 AM »
Our '98 was the Acme AC system as I recall.    Diagram may still be available through google.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 12:09:59 PM »
One of our dash fans lost its bearings a few years ago.  Mike Flowerday installed a new fan while I had the coach at his Summer residence in La Pine, OR while getting an Aquahot service and replacing the center roof AC.  The dash fan job did not take him too long to complete, less than an hour as I recall.  He went through the dash cabinet forward and between the seats into the middle of the dash near the floor.  That cabinet is where we keep the auto dish controller and receiver for our DISH TV system.  He pulled out the dish controller and DISH receiver, and was able to reach through the cabinet to access the fan.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 02:07:00 PM »
Adam,
On my 2000 Marquis both blower motors were easily accessible under the dash by the driver's feet, and if you have a late 1998 Marquis with dual zone dash A/C, yours should be very similar. However, if you have an early 98 Marquis that is on an Gillig chassis, the fan motor location my be quite different. Also, if you have the standard Marquis dual zone dash A/C system, it has two blower motors, so you need to determine if it is the driver's or passengers motor that needs replacing. Almost any auto parts house will have a motor that will fit.

Gerald   

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 03:15:28 PM »
    Adam,
As Gerald has stated the 2 blowers are just above the throttle and easy to get to. They are available at most auto parts stores like Napa. Just a heads up: one has clockwise rotation and the other is counterclockwise rotation. Fun project for a Saturday morning! Blessings & Joy, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 03:41:03 PM »
Adam,
The ACME blower diagram is available in Coach Assist. As Fred noted, the blowers for the dual blower system have opposite rotations. (I know as I spent a day+ "troubleshooting" a blower that was rotating the wrong way  :) ). Since they are not grounded by the case but have pwr & gnd connections, reversing them will reverse the fan rotation.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 06:11:52 PM »
   Steve,
 That is a true statement about reversing the polarity, However the fins on the blower wheel are angled to rotate in the same directing the motor shaft is turning.  I tried your suggestion, no velocity to my sweethearts side of the coach. Have fun!
  Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6