General Boards > Redecorating and Updating your Motorhome

TV Removal

(1/3) > >>

Peter Whiting:
Our new-to-us 2008 Contessa has the Vizio tv mounted over the dash.  We want to replace the tv with a new smart tv.  I have looked carefully at the current installation and cannot figure out how you remove the old tv.  It almost appears to be held in with double sided tape.  There are no screws and you can't access the back of it.  How do I remove it?

Fred Brooks:
    Peter,
   As I recall, the headliner molded piece that you see when the TV is retracted does come off so you can access the mounting screws that hold the TV in place. I am pretty sure there is wood laminated to the molded section and hidden screws above and below the TV when the unit is in the viewing position. They also use the industrial strength "velcro" in various locations to secure the molded piece. If you tug gently on the corners you'll see where it is secured.
  Have fun! Fred

Steve Huber Co-Admin:
Peter,
I think your 08 is similar to my 07. If so, there is a metal panel on the back of the front TV cabinet that has cooling slots. Removal of that panel will give you access to the rear of the TV and the mounting brackets, etc.
Steve

Joel Ashley:
When I was trying to find an HDMI connection in 2012 for our iPad to run on the old coach TV, I could see and access behind the TV by doing what Steve instructs... the vent in the upholstery on the windshield side.  I found I could not only get to the TV’s HDMI input (the only one on any device back then on our ‘06), but could see the braces the TV mounted to.  Somehow at the time it had escaped me that by simply popping off four upholstery buttons, I could unscrew and remove the entire panel that the metal vent was on, and get much better access.  That’s how RV Outfitters in Bend replaced the TV and remodeled the cabinet 4 years ago.

Joel

Peter Whiting:
Thank you all.  I have connected with the previous owner who has given me a lot of information, including that the TV has been replaced and the current one is a smart TV so I won't need to exchange it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version