General Boards > Redecorating and Updating your Motorhome

TV Removal

<< < (2/3) > >>

Steve Huber Co-Admin:
Peter,
Glad to hear you solved it. If you have time post a photo of the TV installation. I'm considering changing mine and am looking for ideas.
Thx, Steve

Frederick Thornton:
Steve, I also have a 2007 Beaver Contessa Bayshore and would like to change the front TV too! Did you ever get pictures?

My coach still has the original Sony TV, and it still has a reasonable picture. I have looked and nothing comes close to fitting the the hole where it fits so neatly! If you have made any changes or figured out what you are going to do, please let me know.

I've spent so much on maintenance this year that it will be next year before I start on these kinds of changes!
Thanks,
Reed

Steve Huber Co-Admin:
Reed,
After looking at the job critically (I do my own work), I decided leave well enough alone. The slight picture improvement vs the amount of cabinet re-work needed to fit the form factor of a current set and make it look professional  wasn't justifiable IMHO. Neither was the cost of having it done professionally. If the Sony dies, I'll take it on but not till then, even though I don't like the Sony remote system or power draw of the set. I did replace the bedroom unit a number of years ago, but that was relatively easy.
http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,6716.msg48482.html#msg48482
Steve

Bryan Beamon:
Frederick,  we also have a 07 Contessa and had both TVs changed out by Davis Cabinets and Innovative Coach Works. We used a 40 inch smart tv and modified the cabinets on both sides of the tv. I was told you could put a 50 inch tv in the front area. See attached picture

Stan Simpson:
Here are pictures with narration of how I changed to a 40" Vizio flat screen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version