Author Topic: Can't get water into coach from either source. Frustration level 10!  (Read 2535 times)

Julie Gullickson

As some of you know, we were finally able to fill our fresh water tank with your help.  Now the problem is we can get water into the pump but not the coach, and we can't get city water in either.  We found these two valves in the corner cabinet with the lazy susan but neither will turn.  We are afraid to force them and have them break if they are not water related.  My husband lubed them and still nothing.  We feel that they must be the missing link to our lack of water but we wanted to check to see if any of you can confirm our thoughts.  It appears that one is hooked to the cold, the other to the hot.  Thanks again for any help you can offer.  Chick and Julie

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Those two valves are for winterizing the coach, they should be open as shown in your photo. When winterizing the coach, both valves should be closed, that way, you don't have to fill your hot water heater with RV antifreeze, just close the valves, drain the water heater, and run antifreeze thru the rest of the coach plumbing.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Julie,
What happens when you turn the water pump on? Shore water should be turned off at tank fill selector valve
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Lee Welbanks

Man, somebody really did a job on your plumbing system, prime example why most of these back yard DIY'er should not be allowed to touch one of these coaches. Too bad you are not here in Az I'd come over and see if I can figure out what goes where.

Julie Gullickson

Steve, when we have the water off from the pressurized water source, turn on the pump and open the faucets we get no water to the coach.  What happens is that it leaks over the top of the black tank.  It’s as if there is a valve that’s not open but we can’t find any other valves.  The pump is working.  We can’t get water into the water heater either.  We can’t get pressurized water in The coach either. 

Frank Bergamo

• BAC Member
Julie,
sounds like you may have a leak in the water line, out of the water pump. Try to locate where the water is coming from that leaks over the top of the black tank with the pump on. Once you locate the source of the water then you will have an idea how to proceed. Hope this helps.
Frank & Paulette Bergamo
2019-       : 2007 Marquis Topaz IV  C-15 600 HP Allison 4000
2014-2019: 2002 Marquis Emerald C-12 505 HP Allison 4000
2004-2014: 1986 Executive Diplomat 3208 250 HP Allison MT-643
Grand Junction, CO.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
I agree with Frank. You have a leak in the line. The reason it didn't show when you applied park water at low pressure was that it was probably still leaking but there wasn't enough pressure to make it obvious.
Steve
Steve

Julie Gullickson

We have an appointment on the July 20th to have things looked over, figured out and fixed.  My husband, Chick, has owned and restored classic cars, built a rat rod including chopping and channeling it.  Turned an old Divco milk truck into a fifth wheel camper for the rod, and has never been as frustrated as he has been with this RV. 
Don’t get me wrong, we’re loving this thing, it’s in great shape for its age, other than this water issue we are dealing with.  We did replace the brake lines because there was a small leak, and the alternator needed replacement.  We had the dash AC charged.  It sat indoors in storage for ten years so things needed a good comb through.  Once we get this taken care of and we figure out why the fridge won’t switch from LP to electricity without throwing an error code, we can hit the road!  Thank you all for your help once again.  Chick and Julie
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Julie Gullickson

Re: Can't get water into coach from either source. Frustration level 10!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 06:29:04 AM »
I forgot to update...It turns out, we had a mouse chew a hole in the water line that lead to the ice maker that is near the door.  It was leaking water over the top of the black tank. 

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 12:38:25 PM »
Julie
When they fixed your ice maker line did they replace the whole line or just a section ?
These lines deteriorated with time they get brittle and break it's best to replace the whole run to avoid further problems .
I had mine break when no one was in the coach and the pump was on ,it dumped 100 gallons of water in the coach behind the fridge where it can down into the drawers under the fridge and from there through the wire chase under the tile to the kitchen side and on into the cargo bays quite a mess hours of wet vac time and wiring out.
Glad to here you got a fix.
Happy travels
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 05:19:58 PM »
IMHO,  the ice maker line is one of the most failure prone components in the coach and one that can cause considerable damage when it fails (and it will fail). ALWAYS turn off your water pump or shore water when leaving the coach. I strongly suggest using the water pump all the time as it is a good indicator of a leak. We only use the icemaker when boondocking. Otherwise we use purchased ice. No hassle and avoids water damage.
Steve
Steve